Can I use an original flange with a locking tube?

I want to upgrade my bluerov2 and I need it to be able to dive over than 100 meters and I have the old flanges, if I buy the new enclosures can they work with the old flanges?

Hi @Pantepo95,

Basically

• the old flanges are a bit smaller, so they should physically fit into the new tubes but would not have the same level of seal, so would not have the same depth rating,

EDIT: This was incorrect, and I’m not sure how I came up with that idea. The original flanges do not fit in the new locking tubes.

and when using the old flanges

• the new locking cord wouldn’t fit, and
  • the anti-rotation slot would be left un-engaged

so some of the new features/functionalities would be missing.

Hello my name is Andrea Toso,

as UNISALENTO we have a blurobotics with heavy configuration and now we bought alluminium tubes for reach 300 mt. my question is How can i change and remove the O-ring FLANGE istalled with O-ring flange for the alluminium enclosure 4’'?
I have to remove all the eltric collegaments and chenge the O-ring and End cap?
Beacuse are not compatible the alluminium tube is bigger the acrylic one.

Hi @andrea1, welcome to the forum :slight_smile:

Our original enclosure tubes and flanges are different to our new Locking Enclosures, so an original flange will not interface correctly with a new tube. The original end cap is compatible with the new flanges though, so if you buy a Locking Flange to match your new locking tube then it should be possible to transfer the end cap to the new flange.

The depth rating is determined by the weakest link. Aluminium locking enclosures can have a higher depth rating than acrylic ones, but the 300 m depth rating for the full vehicle is also reliant on having WetLink Penetrators for the cables (which will not be the case if your vehicle was purchased before mid September 2021). If your vehicle currently has potted penetrators then achieving a 300 m rated depth will also require replacing the potted penetrators with appropriate WetLink ones.

Hi I am Nihat from Werover, you know us as Searover.

I have a very simple question.

Can I use the old housings with the new flanges or can I use the old flanges with the new housings ?

Hi @nihat.keyikci, welcome to the forum :slight_smile:

Are the 950M rated aluminum tubes a plug-and-play upgrade for my acrylic ones, or will I also need to upgrade to the new locking endcaps too? If they are compatible, would the depth rating be reduced or is the O-Ring seal the same?

Hi @btrue,

I’ve moved this (and a few other threads) here because they’re all on the same topic. As above, the original flanges and new tubes don’t interface together, so are not compatible.