Button Setup for Xbox Wireless Controller

I’m setting up a BR2 on a new Windows laptop with a new Blue Robotics Xbox Wireless Controller.

QGC 4.2.6
4.1.0 Beta Stable or Beta? QGC Vehicle Summary says Beta, BlueOS says 4.1.0 (STABLE)

Buttons 16,17,18 & 19 have limited function options, but they are the buttons used for lights and gain control.

The Recommended button for Shift is now the button that we used to use for Position Hold. It seems that there is now one less available button compared to the previously recommended Logitech controller - is that the case?

1 Like

Hi @gcelec, apologies for the slow response here.

If I’m remembering correctly, there’s a known issue with the current QGC configuration of the Xbox controllers we’re selling that we’re working on getting sorted out. I’ll see if I can get an update on the status of that / some kind of time estimate for when it’s likely to be fixed.

Apparently this has been discussed via the support email, and it was found that there’s a new setting option in QGC that makes the xbox controller not work correctly if it’s set to “Bluetooth LE XINPUT” instead of “XInput”:

1 Like