BlueROV2 simulator: Tethys

Hello BlueRobotics Community,

I hope everyone is doing well and enjoying their time exploring the depths with their ROVs!

I’m Andrea, the CEO of Witted, and I’m excited to introduce you to our latest project: Tethys, an underwater simulator designed to elevate your experience with your BlueROV2.

:globe_with_meridians: Learn More: Tethys Website
:movie_camera: Watch the Trailer: Tethys Trailer on YouTube

Why Tethys?

Realistic BlueROV2 Model: Experience the BlueROV2 like never before in a simulated environment.
Calibrated Water Colors: For that extra touch of realism.
Mission-Driven Experiences: Tailor your underwater missions to suit various marine applications.

We believe Tethys could be a fantastic addition to your underwater exploration toolkit. Whether you’re a hobbyist looking to practice or a professional seeking to plan missions, Tethys offers something for everyone.

If you’re intrigued and would like to learn more, feel free to reach out. We’re more than happy to arrange a live demo or provide additional information.

Here is the link to my calendar when you feel ready to have a chat: Book a call

Dealership Opportunities
We’re actively looking for dealers to help us bring Tethys to a wider audience. Given the strong community here and the shared interest in marine technology, we thought some of you might be interested in exploring this opportunity.

Thank you for your time, and we’re looking forward to your positive response!

Andrea

5 Likes

Hi @andrea, thanks for sharing this - it looks great! :smiley:

I like that it includes some of the less commonly simulated parts of operation, like dome collision damage, and different water and lighting types. I’m curious, is there also some kind of sand cloud effect or other visibility reduction when crashing into the sea floor?

As a couple of pointers,

• You might find some interesting ideas and potentially some interested people in this thread :slight_smile:
  • If Tethys can be made to output a video stream and appropriate telemetry data, and accept MAVLink-based control inputs, it may be able to be hooked into the control station softwares that people are already using to control their vehicles (like QGroundControl and Cockpit), which would add an additional level of immersion