BlueOS install, i need help

Hello everyone, everything good? I really need your help, I have doubts about installing BlueOS on raspberry pi 4b. I tried to install it according to a bluerobotics guide, but when I start the raspberry pi 4b, after running some codes, a login and password are requested. I searched and found that by default this login and password are respectively “pi” and “raspberrypi”. I type the login and hit enter, when I try to type the password I can’t, because I click on the keyboard and the typing doesn’t appear on the line, only when I press enter I can type the password, but I don’t have time to finish typing, and then it appears ‘wrong password’. I would like your help with a detailed step by step on installing the software, in every way possible.

Hi @luizfelipecandido, welcome to the forum :slight_smile:

The default password is raspberry, not raspberrypi, but you also generally shouldn’t need to use the password because if you need terminal access you can use the web terminal (when in Pirate Mode)

1 Like

after your tip, I managed to login, however, even with the login done, it does not proceed to the home screen, it is only on the screen where the lines of code are. how to solve this?Processing: IMG_20220924_122341.jpg…

BlueOS is a headless Raspberry Pi image (there is no visual interface over HDMI or VNC). It’s intended for use on vehicles that generally don’t have a screen to interact with directly, so instead its visual configuration interface is available over IP (internet protocol) via a web browser on a separate computer (or phone/tablet) with an ethernet (or shared wifi) connection to the Raspberry Pi running BlueOS.

Some functionalities are only available when the computer that’s interfacing with BlueOS is configured with a static IP address of 192.168.2.1.

thank you, you solved my problem!!

1 Like

Now, is theres any solution to this problem?

this is the picture when i connect hdmi to raspberry 3.

Hi @sans, welcome to the forum :slight_smile:

I’ve moved your comment to this post because it’s on the same topic. Please see the solution above :slight_smile:

excuse me, do we really have to log in first to be able to access it via the webinterface?
I’ve flashed the sdcard with blueos, but I still can’t access it via web browser. I have also tried directly connecting the ethernet cable from the raspberry to my laptop (not via the tether cable) but it doesn’t work.

No - no login is required to access the web interface.

1. Have you done the network configuration for your laptop?
  2. Note also that the first time you start BlueOS it may take a few minutes before being able to connect, because it re-sizes itself to make full use of the SD card
    • If the SD card is not class 10 it can take longer

I also cannot run BlueOs on my computer. The network settings and Windows Defender firewall are all OK. When I type in 192.168.2.1 into the web browser, it does not load BlueOs. What now?

Hi @bajaMike,

192.168.2.1 is the IP address of the surface computer. You have to use 192.168.2.2 to access BlueOS, as it states in the software setup instructions:

1 Like

Got it, thanks!

does this means i cannot develop any programs on the pi after installing blueos on it? how can i open the browser in pi? how can i access any pi functionality such as connecting to wifi?

Hi @axppxsky -
If you would like to use the HDMI output of the Pi after installing BlueOS on it, you are correct, this is not possible. This is a headless OS, using the Raspberry Pi as an appliance, similar to many other projects across a wide range of applications.

You can however continue to develop programs, as BlueOS has both Jupyter Notebook and VS Code extensions that allow you to develop and execute code from onboard the pi. You can also select WiFi networks, connect to them, and perform other network configuration, including installing the ZerorTier extension for remote network access. This should make using BlueOS for whatever vehicle related problem you’d like to tackle easy!