Blue OS Ping 360 Bug

I noticed a bug in blue OS where it replicates the ping 360 in the menus

see the attached photo

Hi @CUIS, thanks for sharing this - this isn’t a problem we’ve come across before :slight_smile:

A few questions:

1. Do you have any additional context you can provide?
    • is your Ping360 connected via USB or ethernet?
    • which BlueOS version are you using?
    • can you provide system logs?
  2. Are you able to consistently reproduce this issue?
    • if so, can you provide the steps to do so?
  3. Would you be willing to submit that information as a bug report in our GitHub Issues?
  1. Do you have any additional context you can provide?
  • is your Ping360 connected via USB or ethernet?Its connected using ethernet
  • which BlueOS version are you using?using blue OS 1.1
  • can you provide system logs?ill I’ll get it to you in a bit
  1. Are you able to consistently reproduce this issue?yes it’s persistent ever since the vehicle setup menu was modernized even with a clean install of blueOS
  • if so, can you provide the steps to do so?turn on the rov open vehicle setup and wait about an hour then open vehicle setup again
  1. Would you be willing to submit that information as a bug report in our GitHub Issues? I can try

system_logs.zip (4.3 MB)

the Issue still persists even with a clean install
the Ping360 is connected via ethernet
and happens all the time even with the latest BlueOS version 1.2.4

I have attached the system Log

Thanks for sending these through :slight_smile:

I just took a look and it seems the Cerulean DVL is getting detected as a Ping360 somehow:

2024-04-21 01:41:40.596 | INFO     | ping360_ethernet_prober:find_ping360_ethernet:65 - Data received: SONAR DVL+0+1+1+0+0
Cerulean Sonar
MAC Address:-00-80-E1-3E-24-25
IP Address:-192.168.2.3
Port:-50000

We’ll need to investigate a bit more to determine whether that’s an issue with how the DVL is presenting itself, or if the BlueOS ping service is unreasonably broad in how it’s categorising Ping360 devices.

I’m not sure how difficult this will be to track down, but I’ve raised an issue about it to help track the progress of resolving it.