Home        Store        Docs        Blog

ArduSub on Chuck from Parrot

(Mael dd) #1

Hi Everybody,

I was wondering if we could instal ArduSub on the Chuck (module inside the Disco) from Parrot ? I know Parrot is currently porting Ardupilot on the Chuck and the HAL seems to work.

I could be very interesting because you already have everything you need (almost)inside.

Thanks in advance.

(Jacob) #2

No, not without some effort in modifying source code. Only the pixhawk is supported at the moment. Aside from cost, the main problem I see with the chuck is that it doesn’t appear to have any peripheral ports, so you would not be able to install a depth sensor.

-Jacob

(Mael dd) #3

Thanks for your answer.

For the depth sensor, there is a I2C free. And I made some test with the pitot sensor to use it as a depth sensor. And it seems to work really well.

Well it looks like I’m going to start a new project. Parrot’s guys seem to be interested to add Ardusub on it as they are already working on Arducopter/ArduPilot/ArduRover.

Mael

(Jacob) #4

Mael, That’s great. All that I meant was that I don’t know anyone who has tried it, or is working on it, and that I did not know enough about the unit myself to be sure if it would work. Please join in on gitter and keep us updated.

(Mael dd) #5

I will ! Thanks

(Jacob) #6

I’m really curious what you mean about the pitot. Are you putting the pitot in water, or are you have you removed the pitot and wired a depth sensor in place?

-Jacob

(Mael dd) #7

I have just put the silicone tube in the water (2m about)

I have to find the spec of the sensor to be sure of the pressure range.