Accelerometer calibration problem

Hello there!

I’m getting my BlueROV2 ready to work, for which I’ve followed all the steps in the “Software Setup” entry. Everything looks fine, but I’m encountering problems with the Sensor Calibration.

I follow the Accelerometer calibration instructions as indicated by QGroundControl, and once completed, no error message appears, and the QGround console indicates that the calibration has been successful. However, when I click “ok”, it seems like the calibration hasn’t been saved: the accelerometer keeps appearing in red, and it doesn’t allow me to calibrate the compass because “accelerometer must be calibrated prior to compass”.

Is this an error or am I missing something?

Below I’m attaching a picture of the message which appear in my QGround window and console.

Thanks!

Interesting… it doesn’t look like anything has gone wrong.

Can you click the box that says ‘show values’ after the calibration and show us what the values are? Also, after performing the accel cal, close QGC and open it again and let me know if the acceleration tab is still red at that point.

-Jacob

Hello Jacob,

Thank you for your interest. The problem was solved by updating the QGroundControl App, as I was using an older version than that available on the software setup guide.

Thank you!

Interesting, good to know. Thanks!

Good afternoon!! I can’t calibrate the accelerometer. I wonder if anyone could help me. Attached below is an image of the message that appears in my QGround window and console.

Thank you!

@Martin,

Hi Martin I had the same problem till I found the above advice:

“On the last instruction, when it says “place unit back”. It does not mean, place it back & level, it actually means “place the vehicle on it’s back”. i.e. turn it upside down. I struggled for ages until trying this.”

For me, it’s worked. I hope for you too…good luck!

nikos

Hi @Martin,

Make sure you also have selected the correct board orientation, it is Roll90 for the BlueROV2

Hi Nikos,
Thank you very much!!
I can calibrate the sensor, your tip was the key!

Martin