Autonomous Bluerov2

I want to make my bluerov2 autonomous. Could you please help us by providing a python script to arm then move forward and then surface.

Hello, I think it is important for you to understand how your autonomous vehicle works in order to experiment safely. In order to understand it, you need to learn about it. I am happy to help you find the information that you need, and we can make some ‘getting started’ python examples in the future that people will be able to build on to make their vehicle move.

Please start by looking at MAVProxy and pymavlink, as well as searching the forum for many related posts. Let us know if you have any questions!

1 Like

Any progress here? It would be interesting to see if a BR2 could fly through a waterfilled tunnel in autonoumus mode. Mayby using ping360 or ping sonar to centre itself in the tunnel.

Any progress on making those ‘getting started’ python examples?

Hi @BakerHerrin,

We have a set of pymavlink examples available, that should help with starting out. I’d also recommend looking at the existing forum discussions with the #pymavlink tag :slight_smile:

@EliotBR Thanks for the link, I had read everything up to OpenCV in the documentation but I guess I stopped short! I will get things up and running in SITL + Gazebo and test my modifications there. Can I ask on this thread if I have a question as I go along?

Sure, although if you have questions on a specific sub-topic feel free to start a new thread.

Otherwise I’ll just move the relevant conversation to a separate thread if this one starts going off topic :slight_smile: