T200 Performance

I have had an initial hook up of the T200 thruster powered by a 14.8V 3Ah battery. The initial behavior of a charged battery was great and met expectations. After charging, for a second performance, the thrust seems to be half the first performance. I have validated the LiPo battery and Basic ESC voltage output to be 14.8 and 5 volts respectively. Any suggestions to further troubleshooting is greatly appreciated.

Senior Design 2 Mechanical Engineeering

The purpose of the device is to record a swimmers performance from two perspectives, above and below the surface of the water.

Hi Ben,

Thanks for the post. This is an interesting issue. I’ve got a couple questions to help figure out what’s going on.

1. Can you describe your setup in more detail? A few pictures would help too.

2. Does the thruster sound any different or feel damaged when you turn it by hand?

-Rusty

<p style=“text-align: center;”>Hey Rusty, the end cap on the impeller broke off from the BLDC motor. I’ve attempted to apply E600 to the end cap. The broken end cap results in the impeller not being intact to the shaft. I will be posting in the morning pics and s status update. What is the protocol for having replacement parts provided? The inpeller broke during normal operating performance. I believe this addresses the second question. I will send a schematic of the setup tomorrow.</p>

<hr />
<p style=“text-align: center;”></p>

Ben,

Yikes! That’s not good. We’ll get that replaced immediately. Please send me a few pictures to support@bluerobotics.com and we’ll send out new parts on Monday.

-Rusty