Streaming ZED camera through FTX from jetson nano using ROS

Hello, i have also added a jetson nano in the loop that runs a zed camera stream using ros. However the image message reaching the ground station has a huge lag through the FTX. is there any way i can speed this up?

Hi @axppxsky -
The delay you see is likely not caused by the tether? You could verify this by testing with a short length of ethernet cable… Typical tether bandwidth via FXTI is 30-80Mbit/s, if you are exceeding that in your test with an alternative connection method, then the issue would be linked to the tether interface. Otherwise it could be something with the software used / hardware capacity limitations.

Hey, just tested this. The images being sent are 13 MB/s

tested it on an alternate short cable and works absolutely fine…unsure whats the matter with FXTI?

Hi @axppxsky -
Sorry I’m a bit confused. You’re saying that a short tether, using the FXTI, has no issue with the 13 MB/s camera stream? How long is the tether you use when there is an issue? Have you tested the max bandwidth possible with the longer tether, via the Network Test menu? Typically 30-70 Mbps is possible, if you achieve significantly less you may have an issue with the tether or Fathom tether interface hardware…