Hello again Blue Buddies! We are almost ready for a new round of software updates!
For the last couple of months we have been working hard to improve our software stability, reliability and performance. Now we invite you, our community, to help us to push the ocean boundaries even further with beta testing!
What should a Beta Tester do ?
- Update software to the last beta test version available
- Report any issue or reproducible bugs
- Propose changes that could help you
- Share your experiences and thoughts with the community
- New MAVLink to REST API
- New Ping-Viewer integration
- Our lovely Ping-Viewer now has new capabilities and features!
- Fix Ping1D firmware update via Companion web interface
- Improve underwater GPS integration stability
- Navigator board support
Check our upgrade process here.
P.S: Remember to select tag 0.0.19
P.S 2: Remember to set the default parameters in http://192.168.2.2:2770/mavproxy after the update
- Over 10000 new commits (catching up with other vehicles 4.0 releases).
- The Real Time Operating System (RTOS) is now ChibiOs instead of NuttX.
- Added a new option for automatic detection of the thrusters directions, making setup easier.
- Heavy frames can now roll/tilt to arbitrary attitudes (even upside down).
- Depth Hold is now working with arbitrary attitudes.
- Depth Hold and Stabilize modes now hold the attitude at which they were enabled.
- Roll-Pitch toggle mode now used the inputs as rate targets instead of position targets.
- In Roll-Pitch Toggle mode, the Center Mount button now levels the ROV.
- Support depth setpoints via MAVlink in Depth-Hold mode.
- Support attitude setpoints via MAVlink in Depth-Hold and Stabilize modes.
- Support for setting MAVLink message intervals.
- Navigator board support.
- Many improvements to SITL (Software In The Loop simulator for developers) so its behavior better resembles that of a real ROV.
Some of the beta features in ArduSub require a new version of QGC to use. For a better experience and to be able to use the Automatic thruster direction detection feature, use this build of QGC.
- New Ping360 chart rotation
- Ping360 chart will be rotated with BlueROV body frame
- Check the video!
- Decrease Ping360 scan time
- Improve Ping360 chart and A-Scan resolution
- Better hardware compatibility, lower CPU and GPU usage
- Save previous manual connection configurations
- Fix Ping360 detection with multiple network interfaces
Download the new version here.
- New automatic baud rate feature
- Ping1D will configure automatically with different baud rates. The baudrate can be changed without changing the firmware on the device.
- Default baudrate is 115200
- Add distance-simple message in continuous request
Get our beta firmware release here.
Follow our upgrade firmware instructions here, remember to select manual update.