Seaweed deflector

Hi, do someone have the stl file for the t200 truster? Thinking of building a underwater vehicle for draging a diver under water. And this whod be perfect as a intake protection for the trusters.

Best regards hjalmar

The stl can be found on the product page.

Hi jacob.
Is that stl file a 3d modul of the truster or the truster intake guard?

…anyone know how much power you loose, and what you gain in difference? …i see the advantages with plastic propeller and cheap ones… they are the “weaklink” if you get caught(in rope or fishline)… but with the guards i guess it will be moore difficult to rip the ROV loose? …just a theory out of experience?..maby you will destroy moore than you will gain?

@jspall I saw that you no longer have this file linked and I saw the reason why. I am working on a project for a senior capstone project at a university in Washington state. I don’t seem to have PM capabilities yet but would love to see if I would be able to get this file from you to assist in our project. Thanks!

@jspall The T200.

@jspall Thank you, sir! I will definitely send pictures when they are printed and mounted on the device. We’re making a craft for cleaning up floating garbage in some local lakes. Hoping this helps make a difference in keeping the thrusters clear.

I would like the answers to your question as well! Did you try the prints? What is your take on the situation?

…no i dont use trustergurards…been on enough work where the WROV dont have power bec of current, and it Helps to take the guards off so? … for me its just a overkill… the propeller is Plastic, and you have a weak link… subsea…you need a weak link…or be a saturationdiver… get stuck…welll Good luck!.. and by the way… if you are flying an ROV around seaweed…why have a ROV?.. snorkeling works for me where its a danger of loosing/destroying the equip… offshore we dont even go to the Splash sone… 15 m is way to high… Been there, but then we have Special contract… Not my problem kind… 4 mill dollar in not in charge of kind :wink: …here is a quick explenatation of why you need a weak link… you get stuck… well the propeller get loose and you would be fine, the truster guard will Stop the propelller, so in the end you will drag the truster off, and drag until the penetrator brakes and Alll is Gone… same with chinees fingers i see people here use… if they cant take the power Moore than the tether… well thats a Guaratie for destrying ALll!!!..when you are stuck its about saving what you can, but a Lot here havent gotten stuck and have no idea what that ,means!.. not are you just stuck, the boat too??? …soooo many scenrioes on this subject, but we will sooon see a link for this;) trust me;) …i will have a delayed tethercutter on mine!..so if it goes wrong, well i can look at my ROV come back to surface, and im probably “online” after 2 hrs… And easily pull my tether back up :wink: …but a weak link is obvious!:wink: Watch Last Breath | Netflix …dont think they will get stuck too :wink:

Hi everyone I’m new here! And I am reviving this thread in search of a shroud for my T200 thrusters. I put my Bot in relatively clean city waters and faced the issue of plastic bags getting stuck in my thrusters (not seaweed this time HA!).

@Spally your design looks so sleek and amazing!

I am having trouble finding the PM function like the rest did, but if possible I would like to buy your thruster shrouds for use on my Bot for commercial purposes.

Do you happen to sell them and would you be able to continue the convo via PM please? Thank you!

Hi Spally!

If possible, could I get a copy of your .stl file for the T200 thruster guards? I am a student at the University of RI working on a USV to conduct shallow water bathymetric surveys. Unfortunately, the area I’d like to survey has a lot of seaweed, making the thrusters essentially inoperable. Thank you for your time and generosity!

-Ashley

Here’s my design. It’s called build your own using plastic netting. Works great, and costs close to nothing. :laughing:

1 Like

Hey, I know this is a shot in the dark as you haven’t replied to anything in 5 years, but I was hoping you could pm me the files for the guard. We are building a robot for our high school MATE ROV team, and thruster guards are a part of the regulations.

Hi Spally, I’m working on a USV project for crowdsourced bathymetry with 2 T200 thrusters in Quebec, Canada. Could you send me stl files of the mesh design for regular T200 thruster please ? Thanks very much

Hey @Marius1! Welcome to the forums! :slight_smile:

These aren’t quite the same as Spally’s designs, but here is a version that was made available by someone in the BR community (TY @piercet!!!) :metal:

Hope this helps!

2 Likes

You’re welcome!

I will PM you…

@jspall, just an FYI:

If you happen to want your designs available publicly, then if you upload them to Printables we can add them to our collections so that other people can find them more easily :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi all, I have added the T200 Guard STL file onto Creality Cloud if you want to buy it.

Added it to Printables as well…
https://www.printables.com/model/733229-bluerobotics-t200-weed-guard

2 Likes