Recommended vacuum pump?

I’ve been using the Blue robotics mityvac hand pump, and the handle broke after some usage! I’m tired of pumping manually anyways. Can anyone recommend an automatic vacuum pump with gauge that fits the vent hole fitting? The ones I find on amazon are all for automotive and different fittings.

Hi,
The automotive brake bleeder’s work the same way and the hose fits straight on if you want a cheap replacement.
You could use your existing gauge, T-pieced into any electric pump like the automotive brake boosters with a check valve if you fancy building something?
I’d personally go with a resin pulling kit, you get a good reliable pump and you can vacuum bag your own carbon fibre :grinning:

1 Like

Hey guys. The handle on our might vac broke too - in the middle of a project. It was one of the few items that we didn’t have a spare so it was a big problem on the day.

I see there is a metal version of the mighty vac so we might just get that so we can get on with our project.
We do want to build something similar to what Craig describes.
Anyone else have any experience with something off the shelf or some recommended components for a self-build? Not sure what you mean by a resin kit Craig.

I installed fittings and a gauge on a electric vacuum pump. Works as a charm!

2 Likes