Pymavlink communication delays - BlueOS v.1.1.1

Hi!

I recently upgraded to the latest and stable release of BlueOS v.1.1.1, as I would like to enjoy the new changes in the latest release, but I’m experiencing around 1 second delay for various commands when communicating through Pymavlink, and more than 1 second delay on the data from the sensor readings (tested with listening to the “ATTITUDE” topic). The results from a network test shows

• Upload: 80 Mbps
  • Download: 80 Mbps
  • Latency: 4 us

The commands I’m sending are mainly mavutil.mavlink.MAV_CMD_DO_SET_SERVO through master.mav.command_long_send(). I’m using the commands to control two servo motors and lumen lights. I use the same code for BlueOS v.1.0.2, but here I’m experiencing the typical delays of around 0.2 seconds one should expect when sending with mavutil.mavlink.MAV_CMD_DO_SET_SERVO. I have set up two endpoints for both versions that I tested, which were set up as UDP Clients with Host: 192.168.2.1 and Ports: 14770 and 14771 (one for sensor readings, one for sending servo commands).

I would also like to mention that I’m unable to control the camera tilt angle using Pymavlink, but this might be a setting issue. Moreover, after flashing the SD card, the only thing I have done is to establish the endpoints, and I have not gone through the setup wizard or adjusted any other parameter. This goes for both BlueOS versions I have tried.

This makes me wonder what is different when it comes to communication through Pymavlink for these two versions, and whether there is a setting that must be tweaked or if there is something wrong causing delays. Out of curiosity, I tested BlueOS v.1.1.0, and received the same delays as for v.1.1.1.

Does anyone else have any experience with this issue? And does anyone know a solution? All help is appreciated!