Powered Surfboard

Hi There,
I was in a forum for people trying to make a DIY powered surfboard, when I found a link to your website. Would either of your T100 or T200 thruster be suitable for strapping to the bottom of a surfboard to ride a round a lake. Their are commercial Jetboards that will do 45 km/h, but their cost is astronomical. I am not looking for crazy fast performance, but I would like to be able to do between 15 and 20 km/h. The surfboard would be a short one, at 5’6"; and I am a 155 lbs rider.
What spec of battery would you pair with it? I would look into getting a Lipo battery that would be compatible. A wired controller would also be preferred. Any thoughts?

Hi Chris,

Thanks for getting in touch! I don’t think our thrusters have enough power for the sort of speeds you are looking for, unfortunately. They can be mounted to a SUP for speeds around 5 km/h, but 15-20 km/h requires significantly more power.

For example, the Jet-Surf “UltraSport” (http://www.jet-surf.com/en/ultrasport/technical-specs.php), has about 10 HP or 7500 W of power output. The T200 thruster has about 300 W power output. For any boat going faster than hull-speed, and therefore planing, you need a lot of power.

You could look into big brushless motors and lithium polymer batteries.

-Rusty