Pi 5 with Navigator

Hello,

I was wondering if anyone has used a Raspberry Pi 5 with the navigator. If so, does everything, including the heat sink, fit properly, and are there any issues I should be aware of?

Thanks.

Hi @Angus.F -
We’ve only just received some units, and are beginning to investigate what it will take to update BlueOS for Pi 5 compatibility. Currently it is not supported!

1 Like

I have the Navigator and a Pi5 and it works well so far with the BlueOS. I am only at the development stage so some way to go to integrate it.

The heatsink fits very well and the navigator is held with 2 screws on the diagonal. All nice and secure.

My only issue is in trying to build the firmware under Windows with WSL and Ubuntu. It builds without error but the binary doesn’t run when uploaded to the PI5 and I suspect this is a compiler issue but so far have found no information in how to install the correct compiler.

1 Like

If you are running into glibc issues, I recommend using gcc 10.2.
I’m using this one (sharing because I was told it has been hard to find lately):
gcc-arm-10.2-2020.11-x86_64-arm-none-linux-gnueabihf.tar.xz

Hello, may I ask how you managed to get this to work? When I try to flash BlueOS on my RPI 5, I get an error message: "Device-tree file “bcm2712-rpi-5-b.dtb not found”. Is there a way around it? I am quite new to this. Thanks a lot.

I installed this and it gives the following error when I try to select it as the toochain.

dave@HUEY:~/ardupilot$ ./waf configure --board=navigator --toolchain=/opt/gcc-arm-10.2-2020.11-x86_64-arm-none-linux-gnueabihf
Setting top to                           : /home/dave/ardupilot
Setting out to                           : /home/dave/ardupilot/build
Autoconfiguration                        : enabled
Checking for program 'python'            : /usr/bin/python3
Checking for python version >= 3.6.9     : 3.10.6
Setting board to                         : navigator
Using toolchain                          : /opt/gcc-arm-10.2-2020.11-x86_64-arm-none-linux-gnueabihf
Could not find the program ['/opt/gcc-arm-10.2-2020.11-x86_64-arm-none-linux-gnueabihf-ar']
(complete log in /home/dave/ardupilot/build/config.log)

I then get this error when I try to build with ./waf sub

../../libraries/AP_HAL_Linux/Thread.cpp: In member function ‘bool Linux::Thread::set_stack_size(size_t)’:
../../libraries/AP_HAL_Linux/Thread.cpp:248:44: error: ‘PTHREAD_STACK_MIN’ was not declared in this scope
     _stack_size = MAX(stack_size, (size_t) PTHREAD_STACK_MIN);

I am assuming the toolchain dir structure looks like this:

ls /opt/gcc-arm-10.2-2020.11-x86_64-arm-none-linux-gnueabihf/
10.2-2020.11-x86_64-arm-none-linux-gnueabihf-manifest.txt  arm-none-linux-gnueabihf  bin  include  lib  lib64  libexec  share

If so, the toolchain option should include bin in the path, and name the toolchain:

--toolchain=/opt/gcc-arm-10.2-2020.11-x86_64-arm-none-linux-gnueabihf/bin/arm-none-linux-gnueabihf