Newton gripper configuration after pixhawk update

Hi,

I configured QGroundControl to operate the Newton gripper.
Here is my configuration:

After updating the pixhawk (new version 4.0.1), the gripper no longer works.

What to reconfigure?

Regards,
Nico

Hi Nico,

Please check in QGroundControl Inspector tab what is the signal going to the gripper. it should be 1100 when closing, 1500 when stopped, and 1900 to open:

Hi,

Yes, it’s OK, It’s 1100 when closing, 1500 when stopped, and 1900 to open

Nico

Then I’m afraid it might be a hardware issue in the gripper itself or a bad connection somewhere.

Hi,

I also updated the companion (new version 0.0.20).
Maybe there is something to configure on this side?

Nico

Hi,
On the Companion interface, I don’t see anything about the Newton gripper

Where can I find a file to downgrade firmware to version 3.5?

Nico

Hi,

I have the following configuration:

• Companion version 0.0.20
  • Ardusub version 4.0.1
  • QGroundControl version 4

When I inspect the SERVO_OUTPUT_RAW variable, I have no data on servo9_raw, …, servo16_raw, while I had data on servo9, servo10 and servo11.

On this page (Messages (common) · MAVLink Developer Guide), in the description of the SERVO_OUTPUT_RAW variable, the values ​​servo8_raw, …, servo16_raw are in blue with the symbol **, but I can’t find the meaning of this.
But I think there may be a special configuration for these values?

Regards,
Nico

Hi,

Make sure that the Parameter SERIAL0_PROTOCOL is set to MAVLINK2

SERIAL0_PROTOCOL wa set to Mavlink1.
I set it to Mavlink2.
Now, I see servo11_raw changing when I activate the gripp control on the radio control, but the gripp does not react.
I opened the electronic tube, everything is well connected

Nico

Hi @AWDRONE.

I’m sorry, but it looks like your gripper might be defective. Please get in touch with the support guys at support@bluerobotics.com and link this thread.

Hi,

I found a page which presents a firmware for the Newton gripper (GitHub - bluerobotics/newton-firmware: Firmware for the Blue Robotics Newton robotic gripper).
Is it necessary to install it? (And if so, how?)
This gripper is new and was only used during ROV tests in the pool (about 8-10 dives)

Nico

Hi @AWDRONE please contact support@bluerobotics.com with your gripper order number. You shouldn’t have to re-install the gripper firmware.
It’s very possible that your gripper is defective due to a hardware problem even after only a few dives.

Thanks!