New USB camera picture is upside down

Hi guys, I have mounted a new very light sensitive camera inside the BlueROV2. Image is very good but the picture is upside down. I cannot turn it around because of the short cable. How do I flip the picture around in the software?
Cheers
Jan R

Hi Jan,

Is this our low light camera or something else? Can you turn the front mount plate 180 degrees?

-Rusty

Hi Rusty, the camera is Kurokesu C1.
The cable is too short.
Maybe I can extend the cable instead.
Thanks anyway.
Jan R

Hi,

You can access the camera settings under http://192.168.2.2:2770/camera,
take a look in “Horizontal Flip” and “Vertical Flip”.

1 Like

I don’t have (never had) horizontal or vertical flip in my camera settings. How do I get that?
Jan R

Your camera does not have the capability to rotate in software. You may adjust the gstreamer pipeline with the videoflip element.

Okay, I will try that.
Thanks for all your help.
Jan R

Hi, I replaced the camera with the Bluerobotics original low light camera. I do not have options to flip the image with this camera either. How do I gain that option?
Cheers
Jan R

Hi, how do I get option to flip the camera view when I am using the Bluerobotics HD low light camera?
Cheers
Jan Robert

Hi, how can I access these settings. I don’t have option to horizontal or vertical flip. I am the using original Bluerobotics hd USB camera.
Cheers,
Jan Robert

Hi Jan,

The Low-Light HD USB Camera does not have this option, my screenshot was created with the Raspberry Pi Camera Module v2 w/ Wide Angle Lens.

You can check the gstreamer element videoflip, but to accomplish that, you’ll need to do the decode and encode of the H264 video. You’ll probably take some time, and if accomplished, you’ll see a really poor video performance.

The best fix for this case, is to mechanically correct the camera orientation.

I do not have options to flip the image with this camera either. How do I gain that option?

FYI the options shown on this camera page are stored inside of the camera itself.

Thanks for the information, now it is much more clear.
Cheers
Jan Robert