Multiple Video Streams in QGroundControl

Hello Everyone!

We are proud to introduce our first version of receiving multiple streams in QGround Control. Right now there are only fixed ports and the telemetry/other flight data does not overlay but we are working on improving that with the next revision! This is just an alpha release. Your feedback on it is much appreciated :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Great to hear!

I just saw this, not sure how I missed it originally. I’ve moved it to its own topic, because it’s not particularly related to the camera post it was initially in. I’ve also passed it on to our software team to have a look :slight_smile:

Out of interest, is this something you’ve discussed with the QGroundControl developers, or has it been developed in isolation, with the plan to develop it into a working state before sharing it with the QGC team for potential merging?

Awesome! :smiley:

The multiple stream part is made in isolation but we plan on merging into QGroundControl mainstream once we are satisfied with the our project! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thank you for checking out our project :grinning:!

Before merging into QGroundControl, we have some changes we would like to make to at least get it out of an alpha stage in development.

The main changes we plan on making to the current project are:

• Adding support for more streaming types
  • Recording support
  • Merging into the main window instead of utilizing a separate video context
  • Improving QGroundControl’s internal video managing system to better work with ours

One of our more recent changes we have made is adding an additional set of settings for the udp ports for each video stream, allowing for complete customization of the viewing system.

Until that time, we are happy developing and maintaining our fork as a standalone project. I look forward to hearing feedback and improving the project as much as possible! :slightly_smiling_face:

Additionally, our system currently works more or less, separately from the video manager of QGroundControl’s. After looking through the QGround video manager code, we noticed that there could be support for multiple cameras integrated directly into the current manager, however that could take some time.

2 Likes