Mostly 3d printed modular ROV

Hello everyone
We are Japanese high school students.I apologize if there are any mistakes in my English.
We designed and created ROV that can be used for various missions.
The necessary parts can be 3D printed.
Modular for easy mounting of various payloads.
What do you think of this design?
I want your opinion.
Thanks for any and all feedback!!

11 Likes

Looks really cool. I like the printability and modularity of the design. Has it been printed to date?

1 Like

Thank you.
Already printed and assembled.
Test diving in shallow places has also been successful.

2 Likes

That looks fantastic!

It doesn’t look like there are any buoyancy modules - is retrieval done by controlling the thrusters to bring it back to the surface, or do you have a rope or strong tether you’re pulling it back up with?

Also, not sure if it’s just at a weird display angle, but it looks very front-heavy. Does it tilt down at the front very much during operation?

1 Like

Thank you.
Equipped with an additional buoyancy module when diving.
Since the front is heavy, a weight was attached to the back.

Excellent work. I really like your thruster placement. Are you controlling it with Ardusub/QGC?

1 Like

Thank you.
ROV is running a custom frame ardusub.
It is operated with QGC.

This looks really cool!

What material are those black tubes (not the electronics enclosures) and what material are you printing the parts with?

Sam

1 Like

Thank you very much.
The black pipe is CFRP.
Parts are printed with carbon fiber mixed polycarbonate.

Amazing! Are you able to show some videos or pictures of the assembled ROV?

Like the location of the lights. good distance from the camera. the problem with this design may be that there are many parts sticking out. very easy to tangled into the tether

Thank you.
Yes! I’m planning to share some videos and photos on this forum soon.

Thank you.

Yes. In fact, this ROV has tangled the tether many times. When the ROV returns from the dive, it often brings back seaweed.

Simply awesome. 8vectored thrusters with 6DOF with custom ardusub development?

Yes.
This 8vectored thrusters 6DOFROV is running a custom ardusub.

What is the status of your build? Is it operational? Would be nice to see some underwater video.