Incorrect voltage reading in either BlueOS or Cockpit?

Hi everyone,

I’ve recently assembled a new BROV2 HD ROV with Navigator Autopilot and have it running with BlueOS and the Cockpit software. However, I’m encountering an issue with incorrect voltage readings.

In BlueOS (accessible at http://192.168.2.2/vehicle/setup), the battery monitor shows the following:

Voltage: 0.43 VCurrent: -10.99 A
Navigator w/ Blue Robotics Power Sense Module
Low Voltage Failsafe: NoneCritical Voltage Failsafe: NoneLow Voltage Level: 0.00

And in Cockpit, the readings are:

• Voltage: 0.4 V
  • Current: -11.0 A

I’m new to BlueOS and Cockpit, having previously worked with Pixhawk/QGC, where there were calibration settings for the Battery Monitor Sensor and Power Sense Module.

I suspect I might be missing something in the setup or calibration process. Has anyone else encountered this issue or have any tips for resolving it?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Hi @Spipp -
You should be able to load the default parameters for heavy or standard Blue ROV2, and have the correct parameters for the power sense module be set. You can do this from the BlueOS Vehicle Setup menu / Configure, but please update to the latest stable version (1.3.1) before doing so. Just connect the vehicle to WiFi with the icon in the upper right, and then navigate to BlueOS version on the left menu.
Let us know how that goes!

1 Like

Thanks Tony,

Tried that but this message came up:

Loading Parameters
No parameters to change. This means all the parameters in this group are already set to the desired values

This was a clean installation and first time power up today, the only change made was the wizard to update and setup. Then the HD config was selected.

Ardupilot 4.1.2 and BlueOS 1.3.1

Is there any other way to read the values or possible connect the PSM into another port on the navigator?

Hi @Spipp -
You could use QGroundControl to complete the setup.

I looks like it is the same values there as well. I think I have to open the electronics to check the connections to to PSM.

Problem solved. Loose connector on the PSM.

3 Likes