Hidden Wifi SSID?

I want to connect the ArduSub Companion Computer to my Wifi, but it doesn’t let me type my SSID and only lets be choose from a drop down box. I only use a hidden SSID so it won’t work for me.

I could make a public SSID in the short term, but it seems like a ton of extra work every time I want to update to have to add a public SSID, do the software updates, and then delete the public SSID.

Quick google search.

https://unix.stackexchange.com/questions/555380/wpa-cli-connection-to-hidden-ssid

Seems like a ton of work for everyone to have to do compared to just updating the webpage to allow everyone to type the SSID and password into the box on the wifi configuration. It seems like almost every other wifi capable product on the market that I have used allows the user to type their SSID, and it think it would make the product a lot more straightforward to use.

Hi @btrue,

I have registered your issue in our repository: Add support for hidden wifi networks · Issue #378 · bluerobotics/companion · GitHub
Hopefully we may have a solution soon.

2 Likes

Just upgraded to Companion 0.0.26 from 0.0.20 which connected to Wifi SSID fine. Now blank box comes up with nothing to select in the Wifi SSID box and clicking Join does nothing. Removed fier walls, reboot etc but cannot connect to wifi as simply says pending.

Can I down load older version? From status says up to date with no ability to go back.

Hi!
You can download older Companion versions and burn to SD card from here:

Another way that worked for me is to use the cabled ethernet connection on raspberry.
By making that have internet connection through the network.