Heading drift in Waypoint navigation in Auto mode

Hi, I am using Waterlinked DVL A50 for navigation and controlling using QGC. Setting initial position on BlueOS. Vehicle points towards intended direction initially after that it does some corrections to align to the required path, in that process it loses its heading and moves in some other direction and ends up in some other location.Is there any way to correct this? And also during its path correction, vehicle is moving in reverse direction , how we can avoid path correction in reverse direction? Are there any default autopilot tuning parameters so that we can take up from there? Vehicle is doing its navigation using Waterlinked DVLA50 but we tried to navigate using only GPS, vehicle is not moving. Kindly help, Thanks in advance.

Hi @Raj ,

Can you give The latest BlueOS Beta and latest ArduSub beta a try?
Make sure you:

• Have all sensors calibrated in BlueOS (the Gyroscope is quite important here)
  • Have a “full calibration” of the compasses in BlueOS (it will say “fully calibrated”)
  • set ORIGIN_LAT and ORIGIN_LON parameters to your rough coordinates, so that ArduSub is able to use its internal world magnetic model database.

I’m afraid that is not possible right now. can you elaborate on why you need this?

Hi @williangalvani, Thanks.
Yes, I have calibrated all the sensors and it is showing “fully calibrated”. I will try to set ORIGIN_LAT and ORIGIN_LON and give a try.

Vehicle is hitting other obstacles when its trying to do path correction in Reverse direction as there are no obstacle detection sensors in the rear side, wanted to avoid the same. Please let me know how can i avoid that