Gripper installation

Hi everybody,

I am trying to install my new gripper but I have no action to the gripper at all. I have installed it using the instructions. I have tried the channel 1 and 3 and the buttons of the joystick 9 and 10 with and without shift function. I have checked that I have 15v to the power terminals…

Have you any idea what to try? Everything else is working like charm.

Thank you in advance!

@nmau,

I assume:

The yellow wire on the servo cable is plugged into either the bottom pin of aux servo channels 1 or 3

You have setup the following button functions:
servo_X_max_momentary (open while pressed)
servo_X_min_momentary (close while pressed)
where X is either 1 or 3

Did you try using your controller bumper buttons to control the gripper like BR did?

Regards,
TCIII AVD

@tciii,

Yellow wire: ok

Buttons prameters: ok

I used buttons 9 and 10 on Logitech

Which are the bumper buttons?

nmau

I have just installed the gripper as well per instructions and got it to work twice before it stopped working. Didn’t get a chance to reboot the rov n software to see if it would start functoning again. Will try again today. Qgc is 3.2.4 rev 6

@nmau,

Link to Xbox controller buttons
Regards,
TCIII AVD

@tciii That link seems to be broken.
In my case, i got it to work but then it stopped. Same buttons, n no changes in between.

Hi guys, sorry you’re having some issues here.

First, I’d like to verify you have the most up-to-date firmware loaded: ArduSub 3.5.3.

Make sure that your button presses correlate to the correct action you want.

After that, please check that you are using the “servo_X_min/max_momentary” and not the other servo settings (min/max or min/max_toggle).

Please post a screenshot of your button settings if possible.

@kaosrulz,

Fixed.

Regards,
TCIII AVD

Everything is working fine now, after the ArduSub update. Thank you @kklemens

nmau

1 Like

yep it took ardusub update to get it going

1 Like

Thanks guys, you have turned my inspection class rov into a work class rov by fitting the Newton Gripper. Strong grip on it,so don’t be putting your fingers in to try it out.

1 Like

@kaosrulz,

I have already put my finger in it!

nmau

1 Like

Did you have to cut the head off the gripper to free yourself?

1 Like

@SpatialGuy,

not exactly, but it is surprisingly a strong gripper…

nmau