First UUV build

Hello,
I am building a UUV. Currently this is a test platform for another larger UUV I’m planning on building and using this to work the kinks out of. I’m a little lost when it comes to programming, currently I have a RPI (running ROS kinetic) hooked up to 3 Arduino nanos for PWM control of 4 servos and a ESC, However I have some pixhawks laying around and have been thinking of replacing the nanos with a Pixhawk loaded with ArduSub. Thing is I don’t understand how to change the thrusters into servos for fin control. I will upload pictures later. I have my UUV mk1 90% built and am chomping at the bit to get it in the water.

![130979852_203741514536330_4668609671062913018_n|666x500](upload://e7lyDvQC3IOWzACCKgz9SKXDd4 .jpeg)

3 Likes

Looks super dope! How has the project come along and what are you using for underwater navigation?

did you ever get it to work with Pixhawk and ardusub?
I’m planning on trying something similar and I’m curious to know how you went about it

Hi @captnNemo, welcome to the forum :slight_smile:

I’d also be interested in this, but am assuming it did not end up happening, or at least was not contributed back to ArduSub, because control surfaces are not currently supported (at least not directly within the vehicle control code).