Depth-rated Servo

Greetings,

I am developing a depth-rated servo for ROVs and USVs, geared toward serious hobbyists and universities. The torque and speed specs will be similar to those of a high-torque, standard-sized R/C servo (roughly 350 oz-in max torque). The electrical interface will be identical (5-7 volts supply voltage, standard PWM interface). I am shooting for a depth rating of 200 meters.

This will be a high-quality product, with all materials and seals being suitable for long-term (up to 1 year) immersion in seawater.

I am trying to gauge interest in a servo like this. If any of you would find this useful, please respond and let me know what you would use it for, what depth it would be likely to see, and for how long it would be deployed. And, of course, I would like to know how much you would pay for it!

Thank you,
Damon

i have?..300m… 100$ + post!

Hi Christian,

Can you give me any more details?

Thanks,
Damon

…what info do you need?

Like how much do they cost?

It looks like you can get them for around $100. I’m wondering how they are sealed (both at the output shaft and at the cable entry) and what long-term testing has been done on them.

…there will be moore info, its just started, so you need a little patience bec i have to getit sorted and i dont have much time for that until late next week:(

I think they are sealed… as far as i know… but i only have this picture to go with by now. and it looks lie there is place for a seal inside

Specs: speed: 0.24sec/60degree, cable length:100cm, torque:12kg. cm, wire: red/+ black/- yellow/signal, degree:±60degree, pwm signal:0.9ms-2.1ms | voltage:12-24v

The ones we have (similar to above) are epoxy flooded for cable/rear panel entry. I assume the rotary seal is a quad ring, but I’m not sure; they are epoxy flooded so they can’t be disassembled

1 Like

what depth rating and torque rating are your servos Marcus?

Hi Dean, Specs are as above, it’s the same product. Depth rating is 300m. Cheers

1 Like

Are these available for order?

1 Like

Looks like they’re available on Aliexpress:
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1PC-12V-24V-Underwater-Robot-Servo-Waterproof-Steering-Gear-300M-Depth-for-RC-ROV-AUV-Robotic/32966160767.html

1 Like

…dont be to shure, i seen that one :wink: and spoken to the fabric…they dont know about this? …but i just sold one to Greese and hes a happy coustomer;) …but like this one 1PCS T200 Underwater Thruster BlueROV Jet Motor Propeller 5kg 3S 4S 6 20V Propulsion Engine Parts for RC AUV Unmanned Boat|Parts & Accessories| - AliExpress …i have no clue whos making and this is not ok!.. its a copy! and as far as i know BR have copyright on their Trusters!?.. but where i am buing my things i would have known so?..i wouldnt trust it too much…and pricing is redicilous sometimes there;)…i have been asking about this, and i havent gotten a answer bec my people dont know? BUT i Know the person that makes the servos!

That’s weird, they must be stealing someone’s photos? Because it’s the same photo you posted.

Also, if you sold one to Greece, why is the source a secret?? Post the info so people can buy one! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Also, I see the manipulator course on your facebook. Did you recently take a course?

T4 course i took in 2015

Could be modified for continous rotation ?