Home        Store        Docs        Blog

Companion computer not communicating

(Isaac Provenza) #1

Hello,

I am trying to use an RPi 3 as my companion computer. I’ve flashed the raspbian image onto the pi, loaded firmware onto the Pixhawk and set up the static IP on my surface computer. I am connected to the pi via ethernet and I have the pixhawk connected via USB, but when I start up QGroundControl, no vehicle connection is detected. I tried testing the MAVproxy as instructed on the troubleshooting page of the Ardusub gitbook, and i got the output shown below.

pi@raspberrypi:~ screen -r mavproxy There is no screen to be resumed matching mavproxy. pi@raspberrypi:~ ~/companion/scripts/start_mavproxy_telem_splitter.sh
Connect /dev/serial/by-id/usb-3D_Robotics_PX4_FMU_v2.x_0-if00,115200 source_system=200
Failed to connect to /dev/serial/by-id/usb-3D_Robotics_PX4_FMU_v2.x_0-if00,115200 : [Errno 2] could not open port /dev/serial/by-id/usb-3D_Robotics_PX4_FMU_v2.x_0-if00: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: '/dev/serial/by-id/usb-3D_Robotics

Are there any additional steps that I need to take in order to make mavproxy work? Any help would be appreciated.

-Isaac

(Kaos) #2

I saw in another post that ardusub is only supported on pi 3b at the moment so maybe a bit of code conflict going on

(Isaac Provenza) #3

I am using a 3B, so I can’t imagine there would be any conflict.

(Patrick José Pereira) #4

Hi Isaac,

Run lsusb or ls /dev | grep ACM to see if the pixhawk is connected to the raspberry.
Check the USB cable to make sure.

(Isaac Provenza) #5

Hi Patrick

So I used the commands you suggested and I got this response, but I’m not really sure how to interpret this. Does this mean the Pixhawk is connected?

Thanks

(Jacob) #6

Yes. Try ls /dev/serial/by-id if you see usb-3D_Robotics_PX4_FMU_v2.x_0-if00 there then you will not get the error in your original post.

(Isaac Provenza) #7

Hi Jacob,

I tried it and it worked. I’m not exactly sure what I did to fix it, but everything seems to be working now. I started up QGroundControl and the vehicle has been detected.

Thank you for your help