Changing the video record resolution

Video is streaming at 1920x1080, but recording at 800x600. How would I change the record setting back to 1920x1080?

Hi @gcelec,

Can you share a piece of the video ?
Are you recording in QGC ? Is the QGC resolution also 800x600 ?

Hi @patrickelectric.

I’ll DM the link to video. How do you change the resolution in QGC? These are the only settings I’ve been able to change:

Hi @patrickelectric - Just following up on this - did you get the link to the video I DM’d? If I were to change the recording resolution - where would I do that?

Hi @gcelec,

The video stream is recorded with the same resolution that you are receiving in QGC. Sorry if I was not clear, but I was asking if in QGC you can also see or compare the resolution that QGC is showing in the video widget, the difference between 800x600 vs 1920x1080 should be pretty clear in size and pixel density inside QGC video widget.

Try to click in “Default gstreamer options” and after that “Apply gstreamer options” and restart companion after a couple of seconds.

How can I get to your interface? I need to change the FPS,but I don’t know how to get it. Thanks you.

Why can’t I directly navigate to 192.168.2.2:2770/camera through the browser?

I’m not sure - that’s where you change the resolution and fps. Can you navigate to the system and network pages?

Hi @17665200818, welcome to the forums :slight_smile:

This sounds like you either haven’t installed the companion software correctly onto the raspberry pi 3b companion computer, or you haven’t set up your network settings correctly.

The problem I am facing now is that after installing the camera I bought, the video displayed on the QGC interface is very slow. I think this is probably because the frame rate of the video set is relatively low. Do you have a good solution?

thank you

I can’t navigate to the system and network pages, or how can I finish it?

Are you using the Blue Robotics Low Light Camera, or something else? When using the companion software that camera can stream 1080p frames at 30 fps. If you’re using a different camera, or different software, then you’ll need to provide more information about that for us to help you.

The camera is not the Blue Robotics Low Light Camera, and the camera can stream 1080p frames at 30 fps, but I don’t know what information I should provide to you, can you speak more clearly what information I should provide?
Thank you

1. Which camera are you using?
  2. Does it output a H264 encoded stream, or something else?
  3. Are you using a Raspberry Pi 3B in your ROV, with the Blue Robotics companion software installed? If so, which version of companion software are you using? If not, can you follow the companion software installation instructions I linked to in my first comment?

ok

1. The name of the camera is TC460HD, which made in Shenzhen, China, it;s sensor is AR0331, website(https://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=a230r.1.14.16.6bd96911lcLcGW&id=568594714439&ns=1&abbucket=11#detail)
  2. It’s output is a H264 encoded stream.
  3. The Raspberry Pi we use is Raspberry Pi 3B, and I have installed the Blue Robotics companion software, the version of companion software is 1.5.115, I installed the companion software follow the installation instructions you provided 3 hours ago.

The camera should be fine if it has a 1080p H264 output.

That’s concerning - the latest version of companion is supposed to be 0.0.26. I downloaded the zip file from the installation guide I linked you to and when I extract it I get a file called 0.0.26.img, which I can then flash onto the raspberry pi SD card. Is that what you did as well? Where did you get the version 1.5.115 number from?

I can’t install the software which version is 0.0.26, and I don’t know why. I could only download 1.5.115 from the installation guide you provide

I’ve just checked the link again and I believe you’re referring to the version number of the “Etcher” software. Etcher is a program that lets you install (‘etch’) an ‘image’ onto the Raspberry Pi SD card. The companion software is a Raspberry Pi ‘image’, which you download from the line above the Etcher line:

1. Download the Companion image here

which should download a .zip compressed file. If you then extract the contents of that zip file you should get a file called 0.0.26.img, which is the companion software. You then can use the Etcher application (from step 3) to install 0.0.26 onto your Raspberry Pi SD card.

Sorry, It’s my fault, I will download the zip file and have a try. Thank you very much

No worries - let us know if you get it working and it fixes the problem :slight_smile: