Can not install pymavlink on blueos

Currently can not get pymavlink to install for python on BlueOS terminal. Running pip3 install pymavlink returns the error that libxml2 and libxslt development packages are not installed. After installing them I now get the terminal frozen at ‘Building wheel for lxml (setup.py) …’ and nothing progresses.

At this point I am just trying to run some very basic pymavlink python example scripts on the companion computer and have no idea how. All my attempts lead to packages not being installed or cant be installed. I have followed the startup guides for installing all the firmware and tried following the ardusub guide.

I am having the same issue. Can we revive this thread?

Or did you find a solution yourself?

Hi @Amhussey, apologies for the delay on responding to this.

I’d recommend installing the Jupyter BlueOS Extension, which has pymavlink pre-installed (or the OpenVSCode one, if you’re intending to do more general programming).

It’s generally not intended for the core BlueOS image to have extra libraries and the like installed within it, and if you’re trying to do so without the red-pill command then things you install will generally be deleted when you next reboot the vehicle.

1 Like