Home        Store        Docs        Blog

BlueROV2 Topside

(chengchang) #1

Hello,

We finally finished our own BR2 Topside. Ready to go out and explore the underwater world now!

General features:

• 3 USB 2.0

• 1 USB 3.0

• 1 DHMI

• 1 Ethernet

• Dc Power and Battery Power select able

• Two cooling fans mounted on sides.

• Switch for turning ROV Communication on and off

• 15.6 inch Screen

This is the first draft design,please leave some suggestions for upgrading. it will be great to have some new ideas.

Thanks.

Best Regards

Chang

(achat) #2

Hi Chengchang,

Could you tell us more about:
What DC supply you use?
The length and cable used?

Regards

Jules

(chengchang) #3

Hi Jules,

Thanks for the comment.

I used a 220Vac to 12Vdc 5A adapter for external DC power supply to the Topside.

Please see the picture below:

Best,

Chang

(Marcus) #4

Looks great! Is that on off-the-shelf PC you have put in there? Or did you build it yourself?

(chengchang) #5

Hello Marcus,

Thanks!

It is basically a mini PC, I brought it online.
I had removed the housing of the Mini PC, only mounted the main PC board into the Box, well it saved a lot of space to me.

The Mini PC looks like this:(19.7cm19.7cm3.5cm)

Best,

Chang

(Luis Gamez) #6

That mini PC looks cool! any more details about it?

How did you mount the screen?

Nice topside arrangement!

Cheers!
Luis

(chengchang) #7

Hi Luis,

You can check this link for the detailed information of the Mini PC:
https://detail.tmall.com/item.htm?id=564330514157&spm=a1z09.2.0.0.3aac2e8dd2Dfv4&_u=f35edoc3ce87

If the link does not work, i am sure you can find similar one on the ebay and amazon.

For the screen, i had some PVC blocks mounted inside the cap (by using 502 glue), each PVC block has a threaded holl on it, the monitor was placed on the center of the cap with 6 PVC blocks around and some soft foam blocks supporting on the back, so when i finally place the aluminum cover on, i can kind of push the monitor in a little bit then fix the cover by using 6 screws. Since the monitor was compressed between the foam blocks and the aluminum cover, so it it solidly fixed.

I should have taken some pictures.

Best,

Chang

(Matt) #8

Hi Chang

Looks like you got a 24000mAh battery in there? … how much time can you get out of a single charge?
System looks great buddy.
Keep it up.

Matt

(chengchang) #9

Thanks Matt,

I have roughly tested the running time after a full battery charge, it is about 5 hours.

It depends on how much background apps running on the mini PC, the PC consumes the power most.

I believe the running time of the Topside will longer than BR2 anyway, so i am ok with it as long as it can run over 2 hours. And i can plug external Dc power on once the battery died.

Best,

Chang