BlueROV2 equipment operational logs for analysis

“Hello everyone, I’m currently working on a planned preventive maintenance system for BlueROV2 equipment using AI, and I’m wondering if there’s an available database of operational logs that I can use for analysis. Specifically, I’m looking for data on the performance of sensors, motors, and other components. If anyone has any information or suggestions, I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you!”

Hi @surya65321,

As far as I’m aware there’s no consolidated database available anywhere, and presumably the data you’re most interested in would be pre-labelled with any issues the vehicle was experiencing during the logging period.

For what it’s worth, there are some telemetry and autopilot logs that have been posted on the forum, and there may be some available in cloud storage links (e.g. try searching “google drive” / “dropbox” / “onedrive”). Note that the .bin extension is used by both ArduSub’s autopilot logs and the sonar logs from our Ping Viewer software.

In general people don’t tend to share log files very frequently, and it’s often done privately when they do, so I expect you’ll likely have difficulty finding much meaningful data at this stage. We’re planning to make it easier for people to share their logs and other data publicly in future, but that will take some time to come to fruition.