Is there a way for me to correct for fisheye in blueos? I am getting this camera Amazon.com and it has an option to get it in 100 or 160 degree fov. Is there a way for me to correct for the distortion I will get from the 160 in blueos or should I get the 100?
Hi @bobo -
No, BlueOS does not include the ability to de-warp camera footage from a fisheye lens. You will want to select a camera that ideally uses an H264 output stream. It may be possible to develop an extension to process the video stream, however the Pi4 used in the BlueROV2 does not have the video processing hardware to re-encode video in real-time, so expect significant latency…
Best of luck!
Ok I will go with the 160 then. Didn’t know how it would look underwater and I thought it would be way worse. Those shots look insane by the way. Great job!
Thanks ![]()