AutoPilot Manager: Vehicle Type Fetch Fail

Hello,

I am new to Blue OS, my team and I are building a custom ROV using the Blue Robotics Navigator for a senior design project. As such, I am very new to the product and the interface. I am currently in the process of setting it up and getting familiar with everything. So, far I have set up the navigator and successfully interfaced with it using my laptop, following the software installation instructions. I was able to figure out how to red pill in the Raspi terminal and installed the Navigator library from Git Hub.

That library has some useful functions, but I still do not understand how to actually control an ROV in using BlueOS. This is fine for now, as we do not have a fully built ROV yet. But, we are looking to test and control various systems including servos, thrusters, cameras, and moisture sensors. The library seems useful, but the functions that it contains do not seem to include functions for navigation. I guess what I’m wondering is if we are going to have to program everything, or if I can BlueOS has all of that onboard. As I said, I am still trying to figure out the interface.

The problem that has recently popped up has been the AutoPilot Manager: Vehicle Type Fetch Fail. This error keeps popping up over and over endlessly. It is also preventing me from being able to access the vehicle setup. The system is no longer recognizing my firmware. Everything was working fine until today. Now, nothing seems to be working correctly because of this.

any help will be appreciated.

Hi @judahwo, welcome to the forum :slight_smile:

A couple of questions to clarify:

1. How did you install BlueOS onto your Raspberry Pi?
    • e.g. did you flash a BlueOS image onto your SD card, or did you use the installer script?
  2. Have you done any kind of apt upgrade?

We generally recommend using a BlueOS image directly, to make sure things are working before trying anything custom. As is there’s an open Issue covering this problem - it’s known that BlueOS currently has some issues trying to run on a 64-bit operating system.

If you’re not able to use the BlueOS image then we’d recommend adding arm_64bit=0 to your Raspberry Pi’s /boot/config.txt file, then restart it, in which case it will run using the 32-bit kernel.

1 Like