Home        Store        Docs        Blog

ArduSub Build Error

(Jim N.) #1

Greetings enthusiasts,

I am having an issue with building the latest ArduSub. Seems that:

from pymavlink.generator import mavgen
File “/home/borotech/Dev/repos/ardusub/modules/mavlink/pymavlink/generator/mavgen.py”, line 12
from future import standard_library
SyntaxError: future feature standard_library is not defined
mavgen: failed

I’ve tried both future and future in the import for the mavgen.py to no avail. My pythonpath looks good and I am using 2.7.6. Thoughts?

Thanks – Jim N.

(Jacob) #2

Hmm, I’m not sure, haven’t run into that. The mavlink submodule has was restructured toward the end of November.

Try this to see what version of future you are using:

~$ pip freeze | grep future future==0.16.0
Update the future if your version is lower:
sudo pip install future --upgrade
You can also try deleting the mavlink submodule: /home/borotech/Dev/repos/ardusub/modules/mavlink and rebuild. When you use make, it should download the submodule again.

-Jacob

(Jim N.) #3

Thanks Jacob, did the trick. I’ve had to rebuild my system and hadn’t remembered to the latest packages.

Thanks

Jim

(Jim N.) #4

Jacob,

I also noticed that the navio and navio2 do not have vectored make targets in the stack. I can mode the controller but was wondering if there was a build for vectored versus standard for the navio.

(Jacob) #5

Ok, you probably just need to add the target. An easier option may be to just change the define for the default frame. Master just recently switched to a single target, and the frame is now selected with a new FRAME_CONFIG parameter.

-Jacob

(Jim N.) #6

Ah, I see. Thanks again. I will let you know how it progresses.

Jim

(Jim N.) #7

Jacob, that is not in the master branch, I see that it is in Sub-3.4. I’ve checked out that branch and am building now. Thanks for the heads up.

Jim