4 Wheel Crawler w/Rasp/Fathom X Boards for critique

Hi Darrel.

Thanks for your reply and the blog link, it is very helpful.

the Intention is to do pipe surveying, (Filming). So I need the camera and Lights.

The pipes can be partially submerged and with sediments, So I would like to use the ROV watertight enclosures

cretex-pipe-joint-seals-1-042318

So I just need to be able to have a Rover frame (firmware) set on my ROV pixhawk.

let me know if you can help me on how to create a personalized frame on ArduSub.

regards
Luis

Sorry, i’m more of a hardware guy. Good at bolting stuff together, but not at coding.

I believe my solution would get you the results, but not using Pixhawk/Ardusub.

Alright, this is churning over and over in my head. Like when you get a song stuck in your head, ya know?

Could you build a differential-steer (tank-style) rover with two drive motors (one for each side), then use (BlueROV1 Configuration), but only connect the motor ESC’s to thrusters 1 and 2? Features · GitBook
That should give you forward-reverse, slew left, slew right, without the need to create a custom ‘frame’ configuration.

(If you need me to, i can guide you through cheap parts sourcing and the design). Such as, buy two inexpensive brushless drills, cut off grip/handle, power with 2 cheap ebay brushless esc’s, (2) 12vdc 10ah SLA batteries in series, bolt-together aluminum angle frame, hand-truck tires, bicycle chain/sprockets to gang the wheels together each side.

Just ideas.

@droneguy

How did this project sort out for you. Im in the process of making something similar and was wondering if you solved this with the use ov BlueRov electronics?