Camera not looking forward

I have just finish just finish setting up and did a quick test dive and all went well. I have a few queries about the HD Camera the picture is great but appears to be off center. I can see the corner of the left blue float but can see the right one. I almost like I am only seeing 75% of the image. What resolution does the camera work at as my laptop is only 1355 wide.

1 Like

Hi David,

We have been having issues with these cameras from the factory, the image sensor is not mounted consistently. We are working on moving to a new camera with better quality control and performance. We can make small adjustments on the field of view with this camera in software, but it sounds like yours is pretty far off. Can you post a screenshot of what it looks like?

The resolution is 1920x1080 by default.

-Jacob

1 Like

Jacob

Thanks I will post a picture tomorrow morning but I dont thinks the issue is as bad as you think. my laptop is 1366 x 768 does Q Ground Control resize the image or crop it.

Mine looks like the pixels to the rights are missing

David

QGroundControl should resize the image. I’m very interested to see a screenshot of your setup in regard to both of these issues.

-Jacob

Jacob

Enclosed screen shot from camera

David

David, that looks like the camera is off center, I don’t think that QGC is cropping the video. Can you inspect the camera and confirm that it is pointing directly forward?

Jacob
Yes the camera is looking forward

David

Hi David,

Changing the field of view in software is a little bit involved at the moment, but I am working on a graphical tool for adjusting the camera settings. It’s not ready yet, but I’ve PMed you directly to help you out.

-Jacob