Waiting for heartbeat from /dev/ttyAMA0

i followed the steps to connect pixhawk to raspberry pi4
as described here:

im recieving this error what should i do to fix it im also new to this for our science project

mavproxy.py --master=/dev/ttyAMA0
Connect /dev/ttyAMA0 source_system=255
Log Directory:
Telemetry log: mav.tlog
Waiting for heartbeat from /dev/ttyAMA0

i also notice when i use lipo battery as the power source of my device ive noticed that whenever i connect it with putty it doesnt connect sometimes it connects it has a yellow LED light signal i also enable “sudo systemctl enable”

216080614_336989274575557_4647478618028842237_n

Hi @JosephC, welcome to the forum :slight_smile:

Is this for an ROV project? We currently only fully support the Pixhawk 1, and Raspberry Pi 3B, but if you’re not using ArduSub or the Blue Robotics’ companion software then that’s not relevant to you (although in that case you’ll likely receive better and more targetted help on the more general ArduPilot forum).

The “Waiting for heartbeat” message means mavproxy is waiting for the autopilot (Pixhawk) to send a message that basically just says “I’m here and still running”. If it’s not getting that message then either:

• the Pixhawk isn’t at /dev/ttyAMA0 (you can possibly find where it is by running ls /dev/tty*)
  • the Pixhawk or Raspberry Pi aren’t getting enough power to run
  • the Pixhawk doesn’t have an autopilot firmware image flashed, so isn’t running any meaningful software (just running a bootloader that’s waiting for a firmware image)

Not entirely sure what you’re trying to say here. There’s information about what the various Pixhawk lights mean in the ArduCopter and PX4 documentation.