Waiting for heartbeat from /dev/ttyAMA0 msg when connecting rsp and pixhawk

Mavproxy starts on the Pi automatically at boot. If you try to start mavproxy, then you have two programs connected to the same serial port, and you will get garbage. You either need to resume the existing session:
screen -r mavproxy
or stop the existing session:
screen -XS mavproxy quit

You can modify ~/companion/.companion.rc to prevent mavproxy from starting at boot.

Hi jacob. I am trying to connect Rpi 3 Model B to flight controller (Dropix) and establish communication between them. I am following Communicating with Raspberry Pi via MAVLink — Dev documentation page.

I have flashed APSync image on SD card. When I try:

• sudo -s
  • mavproxy.py --master=/dev/ttyAMA0 --baudrate 57600 --aircraft MyCopter

the console says “waiting for heartbeat from /dev/ttyAMA0” and starts showing some garbage and it continues showing until ctrl-C is pressed.
I need some help on this. What might be the issue and possible solution?

Thanks in advance.

It’s a baud rate mismatch. This forum is for ArduSub users. Check out https://discuss.ardupilot.org/

@akstimmalapur Please do not spam the same question across multiple forums.

Hi Jacob. Thanks for the reply. I am dying to solve the multiple issues am facing with my flight controller and Rpi, so I guess without realizing I am trying to seek help from everywhere.

Sorry for spamming. M gonna take care of that.

Hi Jacob. I follow the step, and it seems that there are no problem. But when the last step, connect to mission planner, it just didn’t work. I can use my computer to that the pixhawk make a bi bi ~sound, but i just can’t connect to the mission planner

Can you help me~

You must use QGC from the ArduSub or Blue Robotics website links to work with ArduSub. Mission Planner will not work.

when i use QGC I still can’t find the raspberry pi, but when i enter “arm throttle” on the ssh, pixhawk will make a sound.
Did that appear that I do connect the pixhawk and the raspberry pi, but can’t open the ground station?

Try this
https://www.ardusub.com/troubleshooting/troubleshooting.html#no-telemetry-no-pixhawk-connection

Hi Jacob~
I follow the instruction on the website

when i typed in “~/companion/scripts/start_mavproxy_telem_splitter.sh”
It said that “on such file or directory”
How can i fix that?

Hi,

Try ls /home/pi/companion/scripts/, this will show all scripts, if start_mavproxy_telem_splitter.sh is not available, try to update your companion image via http://192.168.2.2:2770/system or flashing the raspberry sdcard as described here.

dear DsWang ; actually I have same issues as yours where I connect raspberry PI Zero with pixhawk ,pixhawk with Arducopter 3.2.1 ,i try to follow the discussion you did ,but i did not sort out the problem ,please anyone can help me to fix it

Probably you are using the incorrect serial port, you can try to find with more friendly name under ls /dev/input/by-id or with dmesg -w.

# My dmesg output
[168177.900273] usb 1-2.1.4: new full-speed USB device number 69 using xhci_hcd
[168178.174755] usb 1-2.1.4: New USB device found, idVendor=26ac, idProduct=0011, bcdDevice= 1.01
[168178.174757] usb 1-2.1.4: New USB device strings: Mfr=1, Product=2, SerialNumber=3
[168178.174758] usb 1-2.1.4: Product: PX4 FMU v2.x
[168178.174759] usb 1-2.1.4: Manufacturer: 3D Robotics
[168178.174760] usb 1-2.1.4: SerialNumber: 0
[168178.183552] cdc_acm 1-2.1.4:1.0: ttyACM0: USB ACM device

You can see that the device was named to ttyACM0, and I can use this name to connect with it.

mavproxy.py --master=/dev/ttyACM0
WARNING: You should uninstall ModemManager as it conflicts with APM and Pixhawk
Connect /dev/ttyACM0 source_system=255
Log Directory: 
Telemetry log: mav.tlog
Waiting for heartbeat from /dev/ttyACM0
Lights1LiIMAV> online system 1
MANUAL> Mode MANUAL
QAPM: ArduSub V3.5.3 (ad81760b)
APM: PX4: 8d505a02 NuttX: 1a99ba58
APM: PX4v2 003B001D 33375110 37353832
Received 689 parameters
Saved 689 parameters to mav.parm

Hello Jacob ,firstly let me thank you for yours quick response to my previous post ,you answers for sure helped me to go further to my project, today also has a problem about the result i get ,instead of get the same result which is similar to the others ,I got those number you can see it on my attached picture , could you help me to figure out it ?

Hi,

The raspberry driver for the hardware serial interface creates the interface with the name ttyAMA0 and not ttyS0.

how may i correct it ? because till now i am still getting number

Hi,

Changing the argument that you are using in your command line, from /dev/ttyS0 to ttyAMA0.

Hi, the problem is still the same , try so many ways but no change ,I am still need your help to fix it .

Hi,

Are you using the RX and TX in the correct position ? Try to swap the wires.

hello I checked the wire it’s well connected even I was tried to change baundrate no change , till now i don’t know what should I do to fix it