T500 Thruster Top side Power

Hi All,

I would like to build New Build BlueROV Heavy configuration but with version of using all of 8 Propellers using T500 instead of T200. The ROV will be used more on the Underwater cleaning using Cavitation cleaner.
My question what is recommended “power supply” for that configuration? I see Outland power but I’m not sure the power is enough → https://bluerobotics.com/store/comm-control-power/powersupplies-batteries/otps1kw/

Thanks
LM Arwin

Hi @Arwin, welcome to the forum :slight_smile:

This thread is hopefully a good starting point for understanding system power capacities and requirements. The OTPS alone is not suitable for providing 100% throttle of 6 T200 thrusters simultaneously, so would also not be suitable for 100% throttle of 8 T500 thrusters, but it could be used to operate them at reduced throttle (which also provides higher efficiency, albeit with not as much thrust).

That said, if you need access to higher throttle values then you’ll either need a more powerful source (and potentially a custom, lower resistance tether), or one or more batteries on board the vehicle.

Thanks @EliotBR

Ah I see. Thanks for the sharing. Is there any recommend 3rd party that proven works with those configuration

Thanks
LM Arwin

You’re welcome :slight_smile:

Not at this stage, no.

Thanks