Bluerov Underwater Power Supply for 110-220V, - 12V and 2000W

Hello everybody. We are manufacturing submersible power supplies with special umbilical tether cable for underwater robots like the BlueRov.
If you are interested in placing orders and getting information please feel free to write to ventas@thalassa.cl.

The underwater power unit can support a maximum of 2000W.
It has power remaining to power the other electronic components.
See the T200 performance graphs for reference.

Inputs (1) and Outputs (2)
It has a 4-wire umbilical cable input (power pair and data transmission pair). Through a 4-pin submarine connector (submarine circular connector).

It has a 12V output for powering 8 thrusters (205W approximate consumption per each motor) (4-pin cobalt connector, 2 positive and 2 negative).

It has a data cable output to connect to the Fathom board and communicate to the surface through a junction box (not included) and a PC (not included) (cobalt connector 4 pins, 2 positive and 2 negative).

Has 1 pressure release valve

The unit comes in a 3 inch Bluerobotics aluminum tube and respective positioning and clamping clamps.

Recommended operating depth is 300 meters.

As you can see it was designed to be installed in the BlueRov without major modifications.

In the top tube two holes should be dedicated for the connectors coming out of the power supply and reaching the end cap.

The cables will power the BlueRov in a similar way to the battery power supply. But this source works continuously by having an electrical generator of at least 2200W.

We can ship worldwide upon confirmation of purchase order.

3 Likes

Hi @Thalassa, welcome to the forum! :slight_smile:

This post isn’t particularly informative, which makes it hard for people to know if it’s worth getting in contact with you. If possible, could you please provide:

• critical technical specifications
    • maximum power input requirement
    • maximum power/current output capacity
      • ideally both burst and continuous, if they’re different
    • tether type (e.g. ethernet, two-wire communication (for use with Fathom-X?), etc)
    • preferably some dimensions and weights/buoyancies
      • what needs to be at the surface?
      • what needs to be mounted on the ROV?
      • tether diameter and buoyancy, and maximum length
  • main locations you can (or cannot) ship to
  • an indication of the price
    • perhaps a rough range, accounting for different tether setups and/or different shipping locations
  • one or more photos of the product / intended setup
1 Like

Thank you for allowing me to participate in the forum.
In the next few hours I will be uploading more information and product specifications.

2 Likes

critical technical specifications

Power module to energize an ROV device.
Converts AC to DC with automatic voltage selection (110V or 220V).
Recommended for maximum operating current performance.

maximum power input requirement
Range 110V / 200 V (min100-max130) / (min150-250V)

maximum power/current output capacity
2000W continuous. 150A

ideally both burst and continuous, if they’re different
Continuous 2000W capacity

tether type (e.g. ethernet, two-wire communication (for use with Fathom-X?), etc)
4 wires: 2X24AWG +2X1.5mm^2 with OD: 12mm±0.5mm (not included)

preferably some dimensions and weights/buoyancies
This device is housed in a 3 inch 400mm Bluerobotics tube with a 4 hole cap and a no hole cap. With inlet and outlet connectors for the umbilical cable. We offer the complete umbilical kit with a power device enclosure. (total weights: 2,8 kg)

what needs to be at the surface?
For countries with 220V voltage you only need an electric generator greater than 2000W and/or an industrial power plug. I recommend in countries with 110V a voltage converter for 3000W.

What needs to be mounted on the ROV?
It will be placed on the structural frame of the ROV with clamps.

tether diameter and buoyancy, and maximum length
You require an umbilical cable of 350 meters maximum with 2x1.5mm^2 + 2x24awg

main locations you can (or cannot) ship to
We can ship to all over the world upon confirmation of payments.

an indication of the price
from USD 7500 (with new tether and all required connectors)

intended setup
you just need to replace a pair of connectors that are included with the tube and connect in the same place as the battery.

2 Likes

Hello Eliot. What do you think now about the specifications you are requesting? Attached are a couple of pictures of the product.

You seem to have addressed most of the points I raised, which should help people to understand your product, and consider whether it’s likely to be a viable option for them - thanks for providing that information! :slight_smile:

This is a voltage, not a power, which means it’s not possible for a potential user to determine the topside power capacity requirements, or the efficiency of the system. This post is an example of why that information could be useful/important.

I understand perfectly, thank you for the observation. To power this underwater power source, you will need an inverter generator of at least 2.2KW or higher. You can also use energy from a normal outlet that is dedicated solely to the ROV’s consumption

1 Like

How about SAFETY? LIM? Cant rely on precedures, in theese things!? Dangerous is what i call this🧐

Again? you are the same person on facebook making bullying. Don’t you have something better to do?

For those interested. This type of power supply for bluerov has been in operation for 5 years. The only way it can be damaged is if there is an overuse of the propellers, and misuse by those who operate the drone. The price is up to 45% less than any other on the market. If anyone wants to dismiss the product then they should come to Chile and see my product in person.

Bully? Im
Making Shure people know that your product is not as safe as they might think. Take responsabillity for your product.

What is your point? You haven’t tried the product and you are just giving your opinion without explaining anything, and without solid reasons. You don’t even know what’s inside the box in the picture or inside the aluminium tube.

If you are a supporter of the LIM system, good for you and anyone else who needs or wants to install it. My devices have their own safety systems both on the surface and in the tube. I don’t need a LIM when something has been tried and tested for so many years and has not failed or posed any risk to anyone.