Home        Store        Docs        Blog

Surface Controller

(Christian) #166

…next question comes from a Sailboat in Sweden or germany :wink:

(Jacob) #167

Christian, you sound terribly frustrated. I’m sorry that you are having such trouble. Please contact support@bluerobotics.com for direct support with our products. Please, let’s test everything with a store-bought joystick like the xbox controller, then you may attempt to use your custom controller with some more confidence.

(TCIII) #168

@ROV,

Was BR support able to get your issues resolved and if so, what was the solution(s) to your issues?

Regards,
TCIII AVD

(Karstein ) #169

Christian
If you are near Bergen you can borrow my Rov. to wipe away wrong. Also has lots of extra parts that you can try par by part.

(TCIII) #170

Hi All,

Here is the handheld version of my desktop Hall Effect Joystick Controller

Regards,
TCIII AVD

(CSKY Solutions) #171

Nice set. Do you mind sharing the link for the box?

(TCIII) #172

@Fazdli,

I assume that when you say the “box” you mean the case for the Joystick Controller?

If so, here it is.

You will notice that it does not come with the handles which I purchased off of eBay.

Regards,
TCIII AVD

(CSKY Solutions) #173

Thanks buddy.

(TCIII) #174

@Fazdli,

No problem. Glad to have been of help.

Are you going to build a custom controller with the box or some other project?

Regards,
TCIII AVD

(Nikos Maurommatis) #175

@tciii,

very nice controller!

(TCIII) #176

@nmau,

Thanks for the kudos, much appreciated.

Regards,
TCIII AVD

(Nikos Maurommatis) #177

@tciii,

“kudos”, nice greek origin word!

nmau

(CSKY Solutions) #178

@tciii

I’m building a custom controller with the box.

(Nikos Maurommatis) #179

@tciii,

I would like to build a surface controller like yours but I would like to ask you for the “10k 1% linear pot”. How do you know the zero position after give an up or down order to BR? If I am not wrong it is a simple potensiometer, right or something more special? Can you tell me the link of the specific pot?

Best Regards,
nmau

(TCIII) #180

@nmau,

The pot that I used is a 10k precision wire wound that has 1% linearity.

The neutral point on a two axes pot style joystick is usually in the middle of the pot’s applied voltage which is usually +5 vdc. Therefore I set the knob pointer to be horizontal when the pot output is +2.5 vdc. If I move the pointer above horizontal position, the ROV will ascend and if I move the pot below the horizontal position, the ROV will descend.

The pot’s center point in relation to the knob pointer is easily calibrated when using the Windows 10 joy.cpl app.

Regards,
TCIII AVD

(Nikos Maurommatis) #181

@tciii,

thank you for answer. It is hard to find a pot with 1% linearity…

Best Regards,
nmau

(TCIII) #182

@nmau,

You can purchase them on eBay like here.

Regards,
TCIII AVD

(Nikos Maurommatis) #183

hi everybody,

I have bought a Apem HF-33s10 joystick but I am a little confused and I would like to make some questions:

1. I have found the pin-out for the connector (see older post from @etienne) but I can’t understand which pin is the pin 1. Can anybody help me and send me a diagram or a clear photo?

2. @TCII, have wrote that he has “connect the Hall Effect joystick Y axis to Analog 1”, but when I read the pin out diagram of joystick I found “5: Yellow/Black - Y (dual output)” and “6: Yellow - Z”, which pin/cable do I have to connect to Leobondar board, the 5 or the 6? (I think 6 but I am not sure at all - I don’t know what “dual output” mean…).

3. What cables/connection have you use for the pins “GND” and “+5V” for each analog set on Leobondar board?

4. Have anybody a clear wiring diagram for the whole setup of a controller box?

I’m sorry for my questions but I am really novice in a such construction!!!

BR,
nikos

(Christian) #184

…what do you use for making the connector?..i used a solidier iron on the pins but i see its not good enough?

(TCIII) #185

@nmau
Which axis wire you attach to the Bodnar controller board depends on the physical orientation of the joystick on its mount. You will have to experiment as to which axis is the X, Y, and Twist using the Windows 10 joystick test app.

Regards,
TCIII AVD