We are presently building a surface controller to allow for a more industrial approach to controlling the BlueROV2. (And hopefully smoother)
Here are the specs:
- USB Joystick interface (Naively supported by Windows)
- 8 axis 4096bit input (4 used, 4 spares)
- 32 dimmable backlit buttons
- Hall effect 3 axis joystick
- Hall effect single axis joystick
- Tether connector
- DC jack for power (Fathom board and backlight)
- External DC 12 V power supply
- Fathom-X tether board
- Panel mount Ethernet
This is mostly to be used inside a control room. It is not meant to be weather proof.
Hopefully, this will be completed before the end of the month. I’ll post pictures.
We are also designing a second controller that will include surface power for the BR2. Similar enclosure but slightly bigger. This will require a different tether and swap out the 3inch battery enclosure with a power enclosure. It is still in the development stage.
I would love to hear any comments and suggestions from people who have worked with BR2.