Surface Controller

1 Like

These are crimp connectors. You need to buy a proper crimper but I just use long noze pliers, solder and patience.

1 Like

okā€¦thats what i thougtā€¦so i have to buy another set of connector and pinsā€¦ and be moore patient.:wink: (and Maby get a thinner cable;)ā€¦ so for the time beeing im settlig for a Cheap 3 axis just for seeingā€¦;)ā€¦so hopefully its wet test tomorrow;) Tnx mate :wink:

@tciii, I will setup the wires and start testing. For the 3-axis joystick I want to map: a) Forward /Reverse, b) Right/Left (lateral) and c) Yaw right / Yaw left. I think something like your setup.

@etienne, thank you very much for your diagrams. They are what I need!!! For vcc and ground, I need only one connection only on one axis? No vcc and ground connection for every axis, is that right? I am sorry for the basic questions but I havenā€™t setup joystick before.

BR
nikos

@nmau,

That is correct, you need only one +5vdc wire and one ground wire for the entire joystick and not one +5vdc and one ground wire for each axis.

Regards,
TCIII AVD

ā€¦Yes i was frustratedā€¦now i have to go back, from my mac;) (i thougt it was the oppsite?:)ā€¦ Windows do itā€¦ mac is Not stableā€¦ hopefully i will have wet test tomorrow, dry test is okā€¦ but the trusters are supposed to make som #Skweeky plastic" sound when they are dry?..and my tilt on the cam makes a sound when i pan downā€¦have to pan up a nudge, to make the sound stop?(the sund is a very high noice)ā€¦sorry for late answerā€¦ dont have the BR2 with me ;)ā€¦but back in buisnessā€¦:wink:

@tciii, thank you for your reply. Could the +5vcc be from the USB connector of the board or from a separate source?

BR
nikos

Usb is enough :wink:

1 Like

USB 2.0 supply 0.5 amp. as long as you are not powering anything else its all good since the joystick board is high impedance, very little current is necessary.

The +5v and gnd on the board are all linked together to the USB from your computer. DONā€™T plug external power on that. Connections are there to facilitate wiring, you donā€™t have to use them.

Cheers,
E.

1 Like

APEM sells a pigtail cable with connector that makes this step infinitely easier.

Thank you very much, @ROV and @etienne!!

I hope to start assemblying in weekend and I will let you know for my progressā€¦

BR
nikos

Any link? Mouser dont do anythingā€¦ :frowning:

@ROV

Part #505-444

1 Like

i didnt find anything on that nrā€¦ but i sorteded out with a Norwegian company so withing a few daysā€¦but then i will have been trying my cheap 3 axis firstā€¦ :wink: drytest its stable by now;D ā€¦but ill se maby build moore if anyone is interesstedā€¦:wink:

Hello

Still waiting for my ROV system to arrive, so I have not yet gotten the oportunity to work with this ā€œon-handā€

I am also in the process of building a surface controller, all builds around the Leobdnar 16ch card. I am still little confused what ā€œsetupā€ tha BR software is expecting from the digital inputs.

I think I have read that it is not possible to send the signal on one channel with a ā€œflip-switch.typeā€, so all digital signals to the board needs to be in momentary mode. So one channel activates a function, and another channel deactivates? Have i got this right then?

And for the pitch control, can this be also controlled with an analogue hall effect controller? Or is it still trim_inc / trim_dec on two digital inputs that apply?

Vegard

@ROV

about the Apem see: cable https://gr.mouser.com/ProductDetail/Apem/505-444?qs=sGAEpiMZZMsB9HsreUc%252biQotNcHY77HrOgoxT3rbhgo%3D

BR
nikos

Im ok :wink: tnx ā€¦all working;)

@ROV,

nice! To connect the BL miniature joystick to BU0836X is the above wiring enough or do I need something else:

Thank you in advance!

nikos

Yes :wink: ā€¦hope to see when you are finshed;) funny how nobody makes the same;)

@ROV,

Thank you! Yes, my setup is different, I will put two couples of push buttons (camera tilt & gripper control) in front of bl miniature joystick in an angle so as I will be able to manage the four buttons without take my fingers from both joysticks. When I am ready I will post some photos. Do you have any link for your case?

nikos

1 Like