Home        Store        Docs        Blog

Surface Controller

(Christian) #76

…looks ok… but why the cantral joystic? …never seen or tryed before…and i guess its a reason… in the end… where do you assign theese things?..do you miss a lot in this system?.. count and look into the system…???

(Christian) #77

4 axis?..how do they work?

(undersearobotics.com) #78

That controller was designed to be used with our ROVsim2 O&G simulator. The central 3 axis joystick is for horizontal thruster control and the vertical dial on the bottom left is for vertical thruster control. The two smaller joysticks are to control the 2 manipulators. The small dials are for light and thruster gain.

We’ve had two other iterations of the SCU since this one. The most recent is our Mark 4 SCU which can be used with both ROVsim Gen3 and ROVsim2 BlueROV2 (as well as the BlueROV2 ROV!).

(Christian) #79

…no worries, just thought i missed an axis… :wink: 3 ok… 4 i would like to know;) …in(a knob on the side?, maby look to …hmmm :wink: not the Supporter, HD, Merlin, Millenium work klass f15 stick… im my expirience… not good for small ROV :wink: (your vertical is really misplaced, after 3 hrs your hand is Sleeping… where is the handsupport?

(Christian) #80

…on the right side you got two knobs?.. when you do a counterclock movement on the joystick…for the 50 time… will they touch?..not critisim… just practical advice :wink:

(undersearobotics.com) #81

The “Mark 2” SCU was from about 10 years ago (we’ve been doing this for a long time!). Although we’ve never had a single complaint, it did fit a lot of functionality into a very small space. To the right of the main joystick are two momentary push buttons (for vertical / heading hold, etc.). We stopped selling them a long time ago. The new Mark 4 is a much simpler design and is my personal favorite of all those I’ve used.

(Doug) #82

Are you producing your Surface Controller for resale? You mentioned $1000 US for sale price. I would have interest at that price point.

(Etienne Demers) #83

you can visit my website: http://www.deltarov.com/new/product-category/bluerov2-upgrades/

I also have other versions I can do if you want to give me your email address.

Cheers,
Etienne

(Christian) #84

…finally some time for som progress😅… this is the setup i found best at the moment☠️… not perfect but will do what i want;)

…Tnx Etienne for avvises :pray:

(undersearobotics.com) #85

Nicely done!

(Christian) #86

Tnx;)…have made it so i have tilt for cam on 3 axis joystick… and pitch/roll in front joystick… Grabber on the other joystick… ROV is about using as much fingers and control as much as Possible … … the knods…for different modes… the rest for fun… got to much nobs now😂

(Christian) #87

(Christian) #89

…and when i hooked all up… my leo bodnar board wont connect to Qgc … my PC register i,t but Qgc dont?..any suggestions?

(Christian) #90

…my didint come up?..all others come up but not my Leo bodnar?..any tips?

(TCIII) #91

@ROV,

Does the Leo Bodnar board appear in the drop down list of joystick controllers on the QGC Joystick Calibration page?

I assume that you have used the Windows 10 Game Controller Setup to calibrate the Leo Bodnar board and verify its functionality?

Regards,
TCIII AVD

(Christian) #92

No it doesnt appear any joystick when i connect that, it shows when i use my logitech?Yes its all in ordher in the pc?..in gamecontrollers and all… but it dont show in QGC?

(TCIII) #93

@ROV,

I have messaged Paul Unterweiser to see why you are having an issue with the controller.

Regards,
TCIII AVD

(Christian) #94

Tnx ,)

(undersearobotics.com) #95

Yes, I’ve been following this thread… :wink:

Off the top of my head I have no idea why you’d have this issue, could be:

• a faulty cable
  • a defective bodnar device
  • a windows issue
  • a QGC issue

Etc, etc. I know that we haven’t had any issues using the Bodnar devices with our simulators, and we’ve been using them almost from the beginning (12+ years). I have less experience using them with BlueROV2 ROV’s but haven’t had any issues there either (although I don’t know if we’ve used the latest Ardusub / QGC software with it yet). I do know that, depending on the version / update, we have had problems with other controllers with QGC (the Logitech Extreme 3D and F310). I would not consider QGC or Ardusub “gold standards” for software reliability by any means… I would test your device with other softwares that use joystick input and see what happens. If it works with other software and not QGC, I think you’ve found your issue.

Hope this helps.

(Christian) #96

tnx…what software feks?.. i dont game or anything?:wink: this is all i have;D