Storage Care for Cerulean Omniscan 450 SS and Ping2 on Blueboat

Hi All,

I have two Cerulean Omniscan 450 SS and a Ping2 w BlueRobotics housing attached to a BlueBoat. When the BlueBoat is folded, the 450 SS on the bottom Starboard hull is a few centimeters away from the floor and the Ping 2 is bulging on top. Must I wrap the 450 SS and Ping2 to prevent scratch to them?

Hello

Yes, it’s recommended to wrap the Cerulean Omniscan 450 SS and the Ping2 to prevent scratches when the BlueBoat is folded. Using padding or protective covers can help safeguard these sensitive components during storage and transport​ (Blue Robotics Community Forums)​​ (Blue Robotics Community Forums)​.

Best regards,
nathaniel

Hi @nathaniel -
That’s true! We usually just use a towel placed between the sonars and any hard surfaces.

Hi @nathaniel and @tony-white

We’ve 3d printed some PLA protectors for the Ping 2 & 450 SS. We have been on the road with these PLA parts since your advice (Thanks :slightly_smiling_face:)

Below is a printables link to the Ping2 scratch protector:
https://www.printables.com/model/960822-ping2-sonar-scratch-protector

We’re happy with the function of both (PLA protectors for Ping2 and 450 SS), but we want to improve the design of the PLA protectors for 450 SS, since the current design makes the BlueBoat’s dimensions thicker when folded… so we’ve designed and printed new ones. Once we’re confident that the new design functions all right, I’d like to share the printables link.

Best regards

1 Like