Stabilize Mode disables yaw control

We have a BlueROV2 (8-thruster configuration). With QGroundControl.

Sensors are calibrated.

Joystick is calibrated.

Manual Mode works as expected.

In Stabilize or Depth-hold mode, roll pitch and altitude are stabilized as expected. We can still move laterally. However, we lose any ability to set a heading (yaw). Pushing the yaw stick results in no movement at all from the thrusters (when the ROV is level and not using any thrust to stabilize itself). In manual mode we can yaw as expected.

Any suggestions welcome

Hi,
Kindly check the frame configuration.

Thanks

Frame configuration is correct

Hi James,

I have the same issues.
All parameters reset to to defaut, then full calibration of sensors, thrusters config, controller config, and I can’t rotate the ROV when the Stabilize or depth hold mode is activated.

If someone have the same issues, and have a solution, I am all ear !!!

BooD.

Hi BooD,

We had the same issues using Ardusub 4.1.1 we roll back to Ardusub 4.1.0 and was now is working in depth and position hold modes. Hope this helps, in the meantime.

Any update on this issue? I too have lost yaw when not in manual mode. Tried Ardusub 4.1.2. Same thing. Is going backwards to 4.1.0 the only solution at this time?

Navigator Board 4.1.2
Raspberry Pi4 BlueOS 1.2.0-beta.8
QGC 4.2.8

Update:
Went back to 4.1.0 (Stable). This recovered yaw control in stabilize mode. Curious if there is something in the .params file???

Problem is we need 4.1.1 (or later) for DVL operation…

Cheers,
Ken

Hi @k-deboer -
If you could share your autopilot .bin logs, found on the log browser page, that would be very helpful in debugging this issue. Thanks!

Thanks,
Files have been emailed to support. Hopefully it’ll show something!
Cheers,
Ken

Thanks to the great team at BR, they identified an errant value in the parameters, ATC_RATE_Y_MAX, was set to disabled. They recommended changing it to 180. Fixed the Yaw issue!

2 Likes