Software Updates 8 May 2018

Good day BlueROV2 and ArduSub operators! Software updates for QGroundControl and ArduSub are now available. Update instructions and release highlights are noted below; view the release notes for a comprehensive list of changes.

Updating QGC:

Download and install the new version of QGC (BlueRobotics flavor):

Windows
Mac
Linux

v3.2.4-BlueRobotics-Rev5 Highlights (Release Notes):
  • Add motor test page
  • Update video streaming packages on Windows and Mac
  • Set system time on autopilot upon connection
  • Bugfix crash when popping out video window to a new window
  • Bugfix ‘load default parameters’ function
v3.2.4-BlueRobotics-Rev6
  • Bugfix broken motors reversal behavior on motor test page

Updating ArduSub:

• Power on your ROV and connect it to your computer
  • Navigate to 192.168.2.2:2770/network and ensure that the ROV has an internet connection
  • Navigate to 192.168.2.2:2770/system. Click the button under the ‘Pixhawk Firmware Update’ section that says ‘Stable’.
  • Wait for the update process to complete, and you are finished!
v3.5.3 Highlights (Release Notes):
  • Add the ability to set system time from GCS (dataflash logs will be timestamped)
  • Add the option for software current limiting
  • Reduce default yaw sensitivity
  • Add motor test functionality
  • Several new joystick button functions for servo and relay control

Software current limiting is controlled in ArduSub by the MOT_BAT_CURR_MAX parameter. Set this parameter to zero to disable current limiting (default). Otherwise, set this parameter to the desired current limit in amps. The speed at which the autopilot reacts to overcurrent conditions is controlled by the MOT_BAT_CURR_TC parameter. Lower values will make the autopilot react more quickly.

All of the joystick button functions can be selected from the Joystick setup page in QGC.

Here are some screenshots demonstrating some of the changes:

2 Likes

nice updates!

2 posts were split to a new topic: Trouble connecting to ROV after update

Hi,

With these update will it be possible to set different gain between the horizontal thrusters and the vertical ones?

For exemples, I would like to have 50% gain on the vertical thrusters and 25% on the horizontal ones.

Regards

I think the new relay function is really good,but when I navigate to 192.168.2.2:2770/system 5. Click the button under the ‘Pixhawk Firmware Update’ section
I can not choose the stable PX4
can you provide the PX4 for 3.5.3,thank you

Hi,

You need to connect your ROV in the network, under http://192.168.2.2:2770/network checking the “Wifi status” to see if it’s connected.

You can also get the new ArduSub version here, if you are unnable to connect to the internet with your ROV.

You can adjust the throttle channel gain relative to the other channels with the JS_THR_GAIN parameter.

3 posts were split to a new topic: Using multiple cameras in QGC

A post was split to a new topic: Problem when updating Ardusub

A post was merged into an existing topic: Looking for a valid solution for solving QGroundControl crashing issue

A post was split to a new topic: QGC icon name appears as rev4 after installing rev6

2 posts were split to a new topic: No motors tab on the sidebar or servo control for Newton gripper in QGC

@jwalser @rjehangir @adam Can you explain a little more on current limiting?

1. I have a scenario where my max current in ROV is limited by itself at a particular value without all the software current limiting and stuff. Now only am I looking at the MOT_BAT_CURR_TC parameter in QGC. Its value is 5 in QGC which I think is default as I never edited this. Also, MOT_BAT_CURR_MAX is 0 which is OFF.
    So I am thinking about what is limiting my current value at a particular value below 60 Amps every single time. (this is reported by QGC).Can you explain this?