Setting attitude to hold in acro mode

If I’m understanding acro mode correctly, if no yaw/pitch/roll rotation rates are requested through the PWM values (1500) sent to the pixhawk, the vehicle should attempt to maintain the current attitude. What would be the appropriate way to “re-set” the attitude programmatically with pymavlink? Is the best method to do this to toggle to manual and back to acro quickly? e.g. It’s in acro mode, we request a pitch rotation until the vehicle is now +30 degrees in pitch, and would like to maintain that as the new holding attitude.

1 Like

Hi Rattasak,

Did you ever get an answer for this query? Or did you manage to solve it anyway, would be very interested to find out how to do this also if possible.

Kind regards,

Kevin.

Nope and it’s something I am needing also.

Hi Kevin,

I posted this long enough ago that I don’t remember the use case I needed this functionality for. From reading my own question again, I think I would be able to achieve what I was asking about by setting all rotation PWMs back to 1500 once I’ve achieved the desired pitch (+30 degrees in my example). That would tell the Pixhawk to maintain a 0 degree rotation rate and attempt to hold the current rotation.

-rattasak

2 Likes

Hi rattasak,

Many thanks for the reply :ok_hand:, I’ll give it a go and see how it turns out.

Regards,

Kev.