RC Receiver Usage

Dear Bluerobotics and Makers,

I want to make a two T200 and Basic ESC controlled RC Boat. I will use Futaba’s R2104GF receiver and Futaba’s 3PL-2.4Ghz controller on my project since I’ve got them in my hand. I want to give steering and throttle through this controller. As I understood I have to use RC mixing in some how :slight_smile: ? But I don’t understand how to use it. For throttle I just need to parallel two ESCs’ PWM wires and get them to channel2. But for steering I didn’t understand what to use. Could anyone help me with that?

Best regards,

Aykut Arabacıoğlu

If you are using a regular RC transmitter you should consider putting both motors on the same throttle channel and using the steering channel control a servo that is linked to a rudder.
The mixing you are talking about uses the controller to skid steer an ROV. Power on the right thrusters and it turns left if the left thrusters are off etc.
if your transmitter has a left and right joystick you could connect one thruster to the throttle channel and the other one to the up/down channel on the other stick then push both forward for straight ahead motion and to turn just ease off the throttle on the side you want to turn to. On a canoe or kayak the turns may not be very tight as the two thrusters will be very close together relative to the length of the boat. I have seen a setup where the guy mounted the two thrusters on an aluminum tube with a thruster on each side of his kayak this will get you faster turns. I hope this is helpful
Frank

1 Like

Hi @alkunare,

It looks like your trasmitter is not able to do the required mixing, you basically need to make a mix where

CH1 = Throttle + Lateral
CH2 = Throttle - Lateral

I think it should be possible with a hardware mixer like this (I don’t remember the formula for v-tail, but I think it was something similar).

1 Like