Raspberry Pi + PixHawk + GPIO

Hello everyone,
I am writing because I need to use the BlueROV2 by default and also I need to use the pins of Raspberry Pi, therefore I was thinking to use the module GPIO in Python in Raspberry Pi while I access to it using SSH.
My questions are:

1. There is any problem if I use the GPIO to send or receive information? Because I seeing that Raspberry Pi is powered using pins 1 y 2.

2. In the code that is installed in Raspberry Pi, to send data information and video in real time, can I have a problem if I write a code using GPIO module in Python to run it at the same time? I am thinking that maybe some functions or actions can be impair. Thereforward, I don’t know if I need to add special things to my code in python using module GPIO, like threads or something?

In summary, Is okey if I use the GPIO in Raspberry Pi as I want or I need to be carefully with the manipulation?
Greetings!

Hi Antonio,

You can definitely write your own code to run on the Raspberry Pi alongside the software that comes pre-installed. Unless you write something incredibly cpu-intensive, it should not interfere with the programs that are already running. It should also be ok to use the GPIO on the Pi. The pins that the Pi is powered through are on the GPIO header, but they are not GPIO pins. Can you share what your goals are?

-Jacob

1 Like

Hi Jacob,
Thank you! is great to know it!

I want to send data information from sensor of depth using GPIO to GoPro camera. I will receive this data in GoPro using a breakout board and software of Alti-force that is connected to BUS of data from GoPro. This generate a file *.srt and finally I see video 4K from GoPro with text of depth as subtitle.

Greetings!